The "How Are You Doing" Thread (redux)

Im doing well. A little anxious today? Just a lot going on I think. Last night of school tonight, review for test, have to finish my case study tomorrow and study for my final on Saturday morning.

I read something about mantras and one was "Be Easy". I'm trying to remember that one for when my thoughts start getting worked up to worst case scenarios... breathe and think "be easy". Things are going to go the way they go regardless of if I worry about them. I might as well not work myself up needlessly.

Not too shabby. Work went fairly easily and quickly today. Our internet and phones were down, so we actually got alot accomplished around the classroom. Now I'm home relaxing and enjoying my dinner; made myself a salad to go with my chicken tenders and rice. It was really good.

I'm okay, I think... sent a slightly garbled FB message to L (who I still haven't actually met IRL!) this morning due to forgetting that I'm not allowed on the internet when tired and I'm a little worried I might have scared her away.

Said "Hey" to H on Gchat this evening. I don't think she'll ever realise how much it took for me to do that... after all this time I still feel like the hurt and offence I caused is the only thing she associates me with. Still, I got Polite Single Word Responses rather than just Being Ignored which I guess is a start. I wish I knew how to stop loving her because then it would hurt less.

Oh, and I have a new job, which is very very boring. But better than being on the dole.

Embroiled in a rollicking political debate on facebook with several freinds right now, including my best friend from Ohio who is a conservative.... and yet, we are (gasp) either agreeing on things, or altering each others arguments in such a way that we both are seeing the errors in our points of view and adjusting them accordingly. Not everyone is able to keep up with us :) But, I'm thinking that maybe I should run for president as a liberal, and bring my conservative best friend with me as my running mate/vice presidential pick! :D

Bleh.

Sick of allergies.

Sick of Mother Nature being menopausal too!

Work can't make up their minds which job they want me to do from day to day (the glories of being cross trained!). I'm getting a wee bit sick of doing all the prep work to get one set of machines started just so someone ELSE can run them and then I get to do prep work somewhere else! It's nice to be needed in so many different areas but please! Put me some where at 7:00 and LEAVE me there till 3:00!

Work did go rather quickly AND I've got a four day weekend! WOOT!

And so Karma is back in political mode...I am all for being first lady but can work on graduating first? It'll probably help your campaign :)

Doing extremely well. Little irritants in my life, but the overall mood is fabulous.

Just back from fabulous vacation in the Fingerlakes at the Grassroots Festival. 6 days of heat, loverly farmlands, gorges, lakes, dancing, rambling, camping with friends, talking, drinking, smoking, joking, eating, laughing, hugging, kissing. Dirty feet, colorful clothing, body paint, glow sticks, ogling gorgeous people of every age, shape and color, plus wine tasting at 3 wineries when the fest was over. So much bonding with friends, my lover and my son. So much love.

Yay!

The Fingerlakes are a beautiful area in upstate NY. It's where my gf grew up. She's been to every one of the 21 Grassroots fests. It's like a family reunion for her. Her real family, not the horribly fucked up disfunctional one her parents gave her.

The T-shirts say, Ithaca is Gorges [gorgeous], and it really is.

joebraun_cornell02.jpg

p169249-Watkins_Glen-Watkins_Glen_Gorge_Trail.jpg

Our dream of moving there and living there together is becoming more than a pipe dream. Ithaca is a very cool crunchy granola college town, and quite affordable. It's such a deep part of my gf's soul, I know she would continue to blossom there. Now that she is out as a woman to all her friends and family, and feels accepted or at least tolerated, we may just have to make the move... I'm originally from NY myself and have lived in Mass for over 20 years. Maybe it's time to move back to my home state. Gorgeous land, plus all the culture and hippie politics and events and shopping all in one place.

Plus, wineries.

Awesome workout - officially changed my derby name - waiting for it to be submitted... but M'Ass O'Kyst wasn't working for me.

One of the ladies from my freshie class almost used mAssOkissed because she lives in mass and it's nhrd, but she went with Hearty BreakFist instead.

Plus, wineries.

And salt potatoes, apples of all kinds and sizes, and snow. ;)

As for myself? We're getting rain here finally. I stood in it for a good long while and let it pour over me. I feel so much better now, like a whole lot of emotional and mental sludge has been cleared off. Not as content as I want to be (I finally noticed how much weight I've put on and it displeases me), but I've started working out a plan to change what I can.

Magdlyn,

Great, beautiful places in those photos! Wow. Love it.

Now doing considerably more awesomelier than before. I was worrying unnecessarily about L and if I can keep my Lurgy at bay long enough will be meeting her tomorrow! :D

Hey, my hubs and I took a tour through that gorge in your second photo, I recognize it. Amazing walk on those paths. We went two years in a row for the Finger Lakes Wine Festival in Watkins Glen, and I went to elaborate measures to make us some really awesome togas for the Launch of the Lakes party.

That whole area is very, very left, liberal, and into alternative living and questioning authority. Not sure how strong the economy and job market is there, but there are some great houses. The only thing I didn't like in Ithaca was the amount of slacker kids begging for money in the streets, not just because I had the feeling that many of them were spoiled rich kids at Cornell, but they got real aggressive about it.

I think it's a cool part of NYS. I loved the Corning Museum of Glass.

The T-shirts say, Ithaca is Gorges [gorgeous], and it really is.

p169249-Watkins_Glen-Watkins_Glen_Gorge_Trail.jpg

Last edited:
I am NERVOUS !

Which is kind of funny, as I rarely am.
Very full weekend ahead. I am meeting someone for drinks and dinner tonight. Then, having friends over for a bonfire and BBQ tomorrow night. Somewhere in all of that, my town is having a big whoopla of fun all weekend, and some of the products I sell, the town has asked if they could borrow, and use them for display.

Woot ! Free advertising ! I am excited/nervous about it all. Time for my game-face !

It has been a beyond stressful week for me.

My mother yelled at me Monday. Totally uncalled for. Totally irrationally. I was already po'd at her because of information I found out at my dad's memorial the weekend before.

Wednesday at 3.30am I get a panicked phone call that my daughter and her boyfriend were in a fight (not with each other) - he'd been stabbed and her condition was unknown. Crazy panicked drive 5 hours away... done in 4. Pack up their stuff and move them down to my house. They are fine, physically - but now we all get to adjust to my adult daughter (and her boyfriend!!) moving back in with me.

I'm currently in an "I hate my job" phase. Just have to remember that my job is not who I am, and despite the fact that I spend 8 hours a day with these people - I am capable of building better relationships with them. If I fail in that - then there are other options. Kinda kicking myself that I didn't take the job that was offered to me 2 weeks ago though :(

Currently just want to curl up somewhere and cry. Trying to make it through my last 45 mins and head home - then I will spend the weekend on skates and in my garden, though not at the same time ;)

Feeling a little sad that B has hooked up with someone who by all accounts is a bit of a dick. I wish her the best, because to do otherwise would be petty and churlish, but I think she can do so much better than a rude know-it-all.

Doing pretty good all things considered. My car is broke and sitting infront of the shop as we can't afford to pay to get it the spark plugs replaced, but I got to spend the afternoon with my brother, who is home on leave. :D It was a nice sunny, but not too hot, afternoon with all of my siblings, my parents, my niece, and nephew, and ofcourse, Runic Wolf and our son. I had a few drinks and am now relaxing while trying to herd the boy into packing for camp.

Back