What do you do for fun & hobbies?

I raace my car, occasionally drag racing or open track days or time trials but I freakin' LIVE for autocross (SCCA Solo), it's a neverending challenge and impossible pursuit of perfection thing I guess, lol. Add to that pretty much anything car related, shows, wrenching, custom audio. Been a 'car guy' since I was 4 years old, lol.
Yeah, I love the cars also....Raced our 67 mustang for a decent number of years. Both on the street, and at the track. Only did 1/4 mile though. Never had it set up for SCCA stuff....I'm not that skilled. LOL Still have the car, but haven't been top a track in about 6 years or so. :( And now, the car's motor is just a stock one for my daughter to drive around in. :rolleyes:

I love lying down in the hammock, reading a book. My cats come outside with me, and one of them always figures me in the hammock means it's time for her to get attention. Sometimes she'll sit in my lap while I swing.

I watch too much TV.

I like to cycle and walk.

Gardening!! And container gardening inside. I'm planning to grow indoor cukes this winter... There's nothing like picking a fresh cucumber when it's -40 out!!

To watch:
Big Bang Theory
DeGrassi (curse you, teen drama...you're my shame)

Love & Love!! I've been a degrassi fan since back in the day. I followed Spike, Joey, Kaitlyn, and the gang through their childhoods right up until graduation! "Everybody wants something, they'll take your monay, and never give up!"

I don't watch much TV, I prefer the peace & quiet when it isn't on.

I LOVE to read.
My online time counts as fun thing to do.
Cooking when Breathes will let me (He's a trained chef so getting him OUT of the kitchen is not an easy thing to do)
M/s

Oh I'm also lusting after Diablo 3! Breathes just showed me the promo on the Blizzard site & OMGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I want, want, want, want!

Love & Love!! I've been a degrassi fan since back in the day. I followed Spike, Joey, Kaitlyn, and the gang through their childhoods right up until graduation! "Everybody wants something, they'll take your monay, and never give up!"

YAY! Another Degrassi fan! I've been watching the various incarnations of the series for ages - the new one on Teen Nick is sucking me in with the drama just like all the rest.

Now I don't feel so silly. Solidarity! :D

TV:

a few shows here and there - most notably Grey's Anatomy & Private Practice. LOVE 2 1/2 Men and Big Bang Theory.

Other:

hiking, sex, working out, sex, crafts, sex, computer time, sex, bdsm play, sex, fishing, sex, camping, sex, music (playing and listening to) and did I mention sex?

Ok, lets be more specific then....What do you like to do on a date?

Please leave out anything to do with a bar or massivly expensive things.

We already discussed a ropes course, but D and S have already been on it, and D said "NO WAY! Never again!" I tried to bribe her, and I tried reasoning with her, but the answer was the same. I even went as far as trying to bargain with her.....I told her I would ride this roller coaster that scares the HELL out of me, yet she loves it.....and then in turn, she would do the ropes course. She said no way was she going to bargain 2 minutes of fear for 3 hours of fear. LOL

So....What kinds of things do you like to do on a date?

So....What kinds of things do you like to do on a date?

Hiking - depending on the girl it could be a leisurely walk or a rigorous hike
As an amateur chef (I love cookign to relax) I love spending time on a date with a bottle of wine. Cooking, tasting ...
Picnic (can be expensive though depending on food preference)

Since you didn't say what you consider reasonable, I will continue)

Being in a resort we have a boat load of "small food" restaurants. So I may also take a girl out for tappas. This can be kept under budget and tappas restaurant are privately social
movies - now some people don't like thse for dates, I love them. It creates conversation, allows intimacy in public (really handy in poly) and I like movies.
Other things like art galleries or maybe a high school play. HArd to do living where i live, but I have done it in the past.

Last edited:
hiking, sex, working out, sex, crafts, sex, computer time, sex, bdsm play, sex, fishing, sex, camping, sex, music (playing and listening to) and did I mention sex?

hehe! Sex sex sex! I tell my gf she can do anything she wants as long as she gives me as much sex as she possibly can, and keeps cooking me those fantastic dinners she is so good at dreaming up.

(But she can't always give me as much sex as I need, therefore, I have lovers. :p )

I agree with your list, but will add in a huge love of movies, both classic and offbeat. I actually prefer DVDs at home these days, so I can stretch out and be comfortable, and have a pee break without missing anything. I make exceptions for big budget films that cry out to be seen larger than life. Hopefully the movie is so good it will distract my bladder.

I am also an artist and love to create (draw, photograph, or do interior design rearrangements in both my apt and my gf's).

I love museums of all kinds... (wish I could find a bf who would share this interest. I did date a Harvard liberal arts prof for a while who got me into Harvard's museums free and had such interesting commentary).

I love to drive out into the country, sightsee, visit a winery for a tasting, walk on a beach, climb a mountain (heh, hopefully a small one, or a large hill, I am not as young as I used to be).

And I adore swimming and just playing in the water for hours. Nothing relaxes me more.

I actually spelled it wrong...it's tapas. It is really just spanish for appetizer meals/finger food. Very popular in ski resorts as it provides a good meal without making you stuffed...also damn fun for a date :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tapas

HEre is a review of some in my sort of home town. Gives 3 or 4 tapas style restaurants :)

http://www.blogto.com/toronto/the_best_tapas_in_toronto/
Yeah....Ummm....I LOVE to snow ski, but we kinda live in the wrong area for it. Not much snow skiing in Florida. LOL

Yeah....Ummm....I LOVE to snow ski, but we kinda live in the wrong area for it. Not much snow skiing in Florida. LOL

That is likely to your benefit. I imagine tapas would work well there too...considering the spanish influence on cuba etc. ;)

Breathes & I go to a wrestling PPV at a local br & grill once a month.

Possibility & I are currently watching Jericho on DVD.

We're cheap as fuck. Even way back in the day most dates were a good movie and good food.

I can't watch Moulin Rouge without feeling a little tingle in my pants. We've had sex EVERY single time we've watched that movie.

Breathes & I go to a wrestling PPV at a local br & grill once a month.

Possibility & I are currently watching Jericho on DVD.
Yeah, we go to the local Winghouse, and watch UFC fights a lot.....but D doesn't enjoy it as much as L and I do, and S could really care less as long as he gets to look at the waitresses. LOL

We're cheap as fuck. Even way back in the day most dates were a good movie and good food.

I can't watch Moulin Rouge without feeling a little tingle in my pants. We've had sex EVERY single time we've watched that movie.
Sorry for the double post, but I think you guys are invited over the next time we rent that movie. LOL :p

I like to play roller derby and snowboard.

I'm also a bit of a beer connoisseur. ;)

Back