Is There a God?

Is there a God?

• Total voters
Woo-hoo! [grabs a half a dozen eggs] :D

Yep, there is.

Well...yes.
I believe in a spirit God who can manifest in flesh form.
That requires belief in a spirit realm...and I believe that realm is something a bit more spiritual than Doctor Who would lead you to believe.
Emperical basis? I've been witness to spirits with vision, hearing, and the 6th sense. That annoying 6th sense that I tried to get rid of, or ignore... Yeah, whatever. I finally gave in and started believing it.
(side note: I really wouldn't care to taste/touch/smell most of the spirits I've witnessed.)

I've both witnessed and performed exorcisms....some stuff that just defies mundane explanations and demands a spiritual answer. Before all that, yep, I could have entertained the possibility it's all bunk. But it's just like trying to deny feelings that I haven't felt or emotions that I don't hold. For instance...I don't like Oprah....but I can't deny that there are many people who do.

I don't pretend to know it all, but I'm convinced.

I think each person's basis for belief is valid for that person. If we could transfer our spiritual experiences from one person to another, I suppose one person's testimony could become another person's testimony.

I voted for "There is no god" because I have seen no evidence to support the claim that there is one. When I picture (a) god, my mind goes to the sentient creator type guy or gal watching our daily toils and weighing our worthiness to achieve level 2 after our carbon form breaks down and we die.

Does there exist a power, a life spring, a nexus? I dunno.... but I don't think it matters if I know or if I believe. It can not be proved nor can it be disproved. We only have the word of our fellow human beings and their own perceptions, intuitions and proclivities to act as persuasions on the matter. I'm happy with my own "belief" that when I die my fate will be the same as that of every other living critter.

I think death sucks, but I've had to realize that there's nothing I can do to prevent it, and certainly worrying about it won't prevent it. Might as well try to stay focused on enjoying whatever life I can in the meantime.

Back