Help with answering posts

quentinparker

Hey all, folks up here in Canada are busy with a court case that could have major implications for polyamory.

While we are busy focusing on the court case, our facebook page is getting hit with people asking very basic questions and we don't have time to keep up.

If any poly folk are willing to check out some of the questions at http://www.facebook.com/PolyAdvocacy?v=app_2373072738 and help give reasonable & sensible answers to folks, that would be fantastic.

sure, you can always direct them here too...

started a new discussion topic there so as to lead people here if they wish. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I wrote on their discussion board by starting a new topic that indicated this site with a link and how much this site helped me. I don't know if that is okay with them, but whatever, they can remove it if they are not okay with it.

To me it sounds like they are trying to get people to join their FB group, which is all grooovy and stuff.

yea - I agree RP,

Be wonderful to have truly curious folks come over and browse some of the great discussions we've had. Shame to repeat what are often a common set of questions/concerns !

GS

Actually, yes that's a nice bonus too - to have the discussion for those who are serious about poly or curious over here and not re-invent the wheel...

But frankly, I was mostly interested in making sure some thoughtful poly folk from here went over to that FB group (which is open to the mainstream public and has plenty of comments by non-poly folk) and answered the questions left there by trolls and people who are just completely ignorant about poly.

And it looks like that is the case (thanks folks)!

Actually, yes that's a nice bonus too - to have the discussion for those who are serious about poly or curious over here and not re-invent the wheel...

But frankly, I was mostly interested in making sure some thoughtful poly folk from here went over to that FB group (which is open to the mainstream public and has plenty of comments by non-poly folk) and answered the questions left there by trolls and people who are just completely ignorant about poly.

And it looks like that is the case (thanks folks)!

I tried the link you provided, seems to only take you to a FB login screen. Seems you must have to have a FB account to participate ?

Me, refusing to take ANY part in the whole FB scene, won't be going there. Sorry.

But yes - poly ignorance is rampant. But it seems to be 'coming out'. It seems the most important phase right now is spending time dispelling the mis- perception that anyone that screws more than one person is 'poly' !
Seems we spend half our time here blowing holes in that myth and trying to educate people to the more complex nuances of making a life with more than one person in a truly loving & nurturing way.

GS

I tried the link you provided, seems to only take you to a FB login screen. Seems you must have to have a FB account to participate ?

Me, refusing to take ANY part in the whole FB scene, won't be going there. Sorry.

Heh, no worries, no need to apologize... but yes, indeed you need to have a Facebook account for the page I mentioned.

Back