Meeting New People

RedMacha

I'm so glad I found this forum, since it allows me to meet other poly folks (although I'm still getting used to finding time to read and post). I work a full-time job, 2nd shift, which cuts into my social life, save for weekends. I want to meet local polyamorists, as well as potential dates, but I'm at a loss for how to go about doing that. Does anyone have any tips for working online with dating, finding local community, etc.?

OkCupid is an oft used venue for poly persons wanting to meet other poly persons. Also, depending on where you live, you might try meetup.com for your city.

Fortunately, there is one MeetUp group near me. As for OKC, I've got a profile, but I'm always lost when it comes to using it. Like how to find poly folks, what to say in that first email, etc.

You can do a keyword search for poly.

As for the first email, I would just express what you have expressed here - you are trying to find like-minded people. The truth is amazing! :)

questions

Okc: Answer all the polyamorous questions, I.e. would you date someone.in an open relationship? And make positive answers mandatory. Will push poly people top of your matches. You will still have to read their profile, but people often say directly.in their profile that they're open or poly. You can also make "available" a search requirement, meaning with someone but.open.to dating, but that will.exclude single people who are poly.

Last edited:
Back