Hello from The Netherlands

EndlessLove

Hey there!

Just a small introduction for now... I'm so curious I want to start reading right away ;)

I'm a 29-year old Dutch girl and I've been married for 2 years (after being in a relationship with this wonderful man for another 8 years :) ). My husband and I have recently 'discovered' the polyamory world. We've been exploring our sexuality with others for about 7 years but now we've taken it to the next level. I have met a man who is wonderful and who swept me off my feet. In my limited world, I always thought that the Brian May song described how it worked; "Too much love will kill you, if you can't make up your mind, torn between the lover, and the love you leave behind". But after having a great talk with my husband we decided that love for someone else did not diminish the love the two of us have shared and will continue to share in the future. I felt a relief and a sense of “coming home”. And now I am here, a couple of weeks later, looking for connecting with kindred spirits and to share thoughts and ideas.

Hope to be in touch with you all more closely in the very near future! I’ll start reading immediately ;)

EndlessLove

Hello EndlessLove,
Welcome to our forum.

It sounds like the big challenge for you and your husband is getting used to the emotional aspect of having other partners. It's one thing to just get together with someone; it's another thing to develop close emotional ties with that new person and still maintain your love for your original partner.

That's the challenge of polyamory, and Polyamory.com can help. Have a look at some of our many threads, and post any thoughts, questions, or concerns that you have. You can get in touch with some wonderful people here.

Glad to have you aboard.
Sincerely,
Kevin T.

Hi EndlessLove!

Thank you for being here and thank you as well for sharing your intro with us. I very much relate to your feeling of "coming home". It was the same for me when I finally understood that I was poly. Its a great relief to know you are with like-minded and like-hearted people who recognize that the Love We Are transcends all boxes and boundaries! Its so very true that the more we share our heart's love, the more we have to share. Welcome home! :)

Blessings & Love,
Dan

Back