Canada

I live in Prince George BC (for the next 2 years or so). I'm also looking to meet new friends and people up here seeing as everyone I know lives near Vancouver.

Nope, can't seem to find any active Edmonton 'groups' who meet or anything. I'm quite happy in my 'triad' but making some friends in the area who are familiar with poly stuff would be handy.

Thanks, I've found that link before. Its pretty much a blog only, doesn't seem to have many recent 'messages' or many active members. I would like to be able to chat with or meet Edmonton poly's and haven't much luck through this particular link.

I will have a look, thanks! My hubby has also discovered that okcupid seems to be alot more 'polyfriendly' than before. It's mostly for him that I would like to be able to network a bit with other polycouples. Seems to be a bit harder for married to meet women who aren't a little 'suspicious' ;)

have you ever looked on tribes? Srry don't have time to check but there may be activity on there :)

What is "tribes?"

By the way, I'm from Winterpeg, Manisnowba, where the four seasons are called Almostwinter, Winter, Stillwinter, and Construction. I'm surprised more people aren't poly here, keeping warm at night would be so much easier!!

Calgary, Alberta here.
You won't find much about Calgary's Poly Community on the internet.. mostly through OK Cupid or Fetlife. We're proud, but we live in a sea of rednecks.
Strange thing is, there's a TON of swing clubs here.. apparently it's ok to have sex with your neighbor, just not to actually care about them.
Believe it or not, it makes sense here.
P3 Gatherings is also a gateway into the Poly community, but again, primarily thru the bdsm angle.

Vancouver BC area for my wife & I. If any one's local, we would love to get together for a bite some time. Rick.

Vancouver

Well when things have settled down as where house building
i may do a vanpoly meet on the ss coast for a weekend later in the summer

:p

till then take care & :)

Kitchener, Ontario!

Midway between huge poly/BDSM/LGBT community (Toronto) and so sexually repressed it ain't funny (London).

check out http://groups.yahoo.com/group/polyamorycanada/ & http://www.torontopoly.ca/ .

Wow London has changed then. I remember between it and Guelph (my hometown) it was a sexual hotbed ESPECIALLY for LGB crowd. Heck Guelph in my heyday was 7 to 1 women to men.

BDSM was a little underground but still there. There were a couple of gay and lesbian clubs in Guelph, one which had some showing of bdsm during the right nights.

Thanks for the flashback though, I haven't been to kitchener in...15 years wow.

What is "tribes?"

By the way, I'm from Winterpeg, Manisnowba, where the four seasons are called Almostwinter, Winter, Stillwinter, and Construction. I'm surprised more people aren't poly here, keeping warm at night would be so much easier!!

Tribes are a blog like site that have collection of people with similar tastes

http://polyamory.tribe.net/

for example. The vancouver one is dead in the water, but yours might be active

Wow London has changed then. I remember between it and Guelph (my hometown) it was a sexual hotbed ESPECIALLY for LGB crowd. Heck Guelph in my heyday was 7 to 1 women to men.

BDSM was a little underground but still there. There were a couple of gay and lesbian clubs in Guelph, one which had some showing of bdsm during the right nights.

Thanks for the flashback though, I haven't been to kitchener in...15 years wow.

We volunteered at Sexapalooza in London last year and my God it was awful! Hardly any one there, those that were were barely looking, couldn't show nipple or butt crack (meant no thong undies), and a few other ridiculous rules! Why? [rant]The year before an anal retentive (no pun intended) asshole reported the show for, I think, patrons & booth owners showing nipple! What, in the name of all that's holy, is WRONG with showing nipple or ass crack any way? We came into this world showing both & I'm damn sure gonna go around in my birthday suit as often as possible![/rant]

Any way, lol, I'm just up the road from Guelph and the kink scene is a little more out there. Twice a year they have an Under One Roof toy sale with play party that night. They have a monthly much now & other play parties.

London has a play party as well, as does Kitchener, actually.

Back