Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Meetings and Events

Notices

Old 05-26-2017, 09:53 PM

Default Calgary poly - friendships!

Hi all!

I was wondering if there are any other YYC poly people so we can have some like minded friends to talk with and potentially meet up with that aren't our SOs!
Old 07-16-2017, 06:37 PM

Hi! I'm in Calgary too and I'd be interested!
Old 07-16-2017, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cassious64 View Post
Hi! I'm in Calgary too and I'd be interested!
Awesome! In such a conservative city sometimes it can be lonely
Old 07-16-2017, 07:29 PM

Default Cere Bayou

That's for sure! I'm halfway to considering moving to a more liberal city (for this and other reasons!). I've found the facebook page for the city, but it's not super active
Old 07-17-2017, 03:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cassious64 View Post
That's for sure! I'm halfway to considering moving to a more liberal city (for this and other reasons!). I've found the facebook page for the city, but it's not super active
I'm not fully out on Facebook. Slowly I'm getting there. I sent you a PM as well
Old 10-22-2017, 04:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElMango View Post
Hi all! I was wondering if there are any other YYC poly people so we can have some like minded friends to talk with and potentially meet up with ...
One here. I tried the Meet-Up group which turned out to be a front for a swinger's club that charged a steep admission for guys only. They looked at all open relationships the same way. I brought my concerns to the organizer who basically told me the group probably wasn't for me. Feeling somewhat misled, if not appalled, I withdrew from that group and haven't found anything that I'd call truly poly around here since.

"Happiness in intelligent people is the rarest thing I know." - Hemingway | Introduction To Polyamory
Old 10-24-2017, 03:49 PM

Default Interested

I agree with the above...there's not a lot of community for relationship dynamics.
As the monogamous half of an open (poly friendly) marriage, I would definitely be interested in conversation or meet ups with other interesting relationships.
Old 10-24-2017, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotsoTypical View Post
I agree with the above...there's not a lot of community for relationship dynamics.
As the monogamous half of an open (poly friendly) marriage, I would definitely be interested in conversation or meet ups with other interesting relationships.
Welcome to the forum and thanks for commenting! I'm fairly new here too and find the people here very civil even when there are differences of viewpoints or opinions.

"Happiness in intelligent people is the rarest thing I know." - Hemingway | Introduction To Polyamory
Old 12-26-2017, 12:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolyNatural View Post
One here. I tried the Meet-Up group which turned out to be a front for a swinger's club that charged a steep admission for guys only. They looked at all open relationships the same way. I brought my concerns to the organizer who basically told me the group probably wasn't for me. Feeling somewhat misled, if not appalled, I withdrew from that group and haven't found anything that I'd call truly poly around here since.
Is this the MeetUp at Eau Claire?

We had an unimpressive MeetUp with a poly group that was advertised as an informational session and turned into a “tell us your insecurities and sign up” group. They crowded us in a small room and the leader sat in front of the door so we couldn’t leave. By the end of it I left in disgust and had people following me out asking if I’m going to join. My wife was with me and is generally considered gorgeous. She was creeped out by the guys staring at her the entire night and never wants to see them again.

Disappointing to say the least.
Old 01-09-2018, 05:09 AM

Default New Connections

I'm wondering if the few people here might be interested in meeting up just to come up with a game plan on how to get a true poly scene going here in Calgary. I've got a basic website up ( link below ), but maybe if we put our heads together we can come up with something better. There's around a million people here. There must be more than a handful who would be interested if there was some public awareness. I'm considering creating a new Meetup group.

Last edited by PolyNatural; 01-09-2018 at 05:56 AM.

Tags
calgary, yyc