The "How Are You Doing" Thread (redux)

It's been a weird stressful few weeks, but I'm getting settled in from our sudden move. Found out I can get home from Brian's house in 22 minutes as opposed to the old 30 :D Got to have dinner last night with his partner who I only met very briefly over two years ago and had a blast. Spontaneously signed up Tuesday go to Poly Camp with Greg where I'll have a chance to spend time around his other two partners, Wednesday Brian spontaneously signed up for Poly Camp after I said I was going.. have to arrange for the two of them to meet each other now so the first time they meet isn't at a 4 day camping event... Looks like August will be just as crazy for me as July, ack.

Didn't sleep well last night. Sometimes its hard to turn off the thoughts of the day. Had a good date night with Bob last night and I kept going over a lot of our conversation. Am tired today though after only sleeping a few hours.

Work is going well, am still learning. There is a lot more to this job than meets the eye especially when you are having to deal with someone elses mess.

Last day of summer school labs. One and a half groups to go; it ain't over until it's over. Soon it shall be safe enough to move about freely.

The dehumidifiers have done / are doing their job, and I'm attacking the mold in the cellar like a boss (and trying not to die from the bleach/vinegar fumes)! Tossed a lot of stuff, saved some, gotta clean up some other stuff, and dry out and cross my fingers that I can save a bit more. All in all, though, the worst is over and I'm starting to claim my cellar back.

Mold belongs on the crap I leave in the fridge too long. Not in my cellar, dammit.

middle of a road trip through BC. Heading to AB and then back around through banff.

Been quite a ride so far, in kimberly today.. can't wait till kelona when I can go kayaking. Very slothful sitting in a car all day

middle of a road trip through BC. Heading to AB and then back around through banff.

Been quite a ride so far, in kimberly today.. can't wait till kelona when I can go kayaking. Very slothful sitting in a car all day

I'm having my own little anxiety fueled pity party. My birthday is next week which is always a bucketful of depressing, I have three papers due within the next six days, and my boyfriend is out of town until Friday, (not that long I know but still). yep, pool of self pity.

Not doing well at all today. Was up sick most of the night. Not sure if its a wisdom tooth that's giving me trouble or tmj I just know it hurts :( Was nice to have both guys up with me through it all. Its a comfort not to be alone when you are sick. Gonna have to get brave a see a doctor over this. Never like the thought of having that tooth cut out.

I really am boring. I swear. It's the truth. Honest.

If this is the internet, i have to say: in real life, other people think my personal life is way more interesting. That is all i have to say about anything.

Was at drumheller yesterday. Saw some dinosaur bones.. Dirt and other excellent things. Lots of fun with the family roaming through Alberta.

Its amazing how differently the infrastructure is. Here it is very squared.. Very long very straight roads. In BC.. I don't think we have a sing straight section anywhere that equals highway 2. Heck I don't even think onterrible does..

Sad and worried - woke up to find one of my metamours is suddenly in the hospital and on her way to surgery. Our shared partner has had more people he loves in the hospital facing scary things in the 6 months I've known him than I have in my entire life and I've been overwhelmed trying to figure out how to offer support through this period, and wishing I knew how to do it better. I'm trying to focus on positive thoughts, she's a really lovely person and I know she will be OK.

edit: she wasn't OK... If anybody has any book or website suggestions about how to support friends and partners through grief, I'd appreciate a PM.

Last edited:
Career:New job going well.
Health: nothing major but a longterm set back (probably a few more months before I can ride a bike or go hiking) is annoying the hell out of me.
Relationships: Wife has new energy with new boy friend. GF has roommate issues.
Hobby: In a couple weeks I'll be doing a real comedy set (as opposed to open mics/showcases) for the first time in a few months. Been involved in the art form since '97 but unable to take it seriously. I work in psyche and when you spend your days getting laughs from people you never would have met had they hadn't tried to kill themselves the night before the idea of being judged by bar flies just doesn't mean as much. Still though, it's had its fun moments over the years.

Last edited:
Anne-I sent you a pm. Hugs. I suspect I know who. Terrible blow, sudden and shocking.
I will try to get book info for you asap. Please let me know if there is ANYTHING else I can do to help.

I am reeling from the news that one of the internet friends who has most supported me on my journey through hell to where i am today, passed away this morning. It's such a shock.
The selfish part of me is whimpering over never being able to hear her reassuance and supportive, bright eyed positive encouragement.
The frie d part of me is sitting on my butt in shock wondering how the fuck do you show support for people who have lost their mommy, their love, their daughter, their friend-from SO MANY DAMN MILES AWAY!

The frie d part of me is sitting on my butt in shock wondering how the fuck do you show support for people who have lost their mommy, their love, their daughter, their friend-from SO MANY DAMN MILES AWAY!
Right there with you LR, wondering very much the same thing.

You send them random texts. You post on their facebook walls. You let them know you love them. Exactly as you did with me.

My condolences to the family.

Thank god people only die once. :(

My condolences, Anne, LR, and everyone who is suffering this loss... :(

Back