Why do you use the online name that you use?

Ah......possibly a Great White Nerd? Anything I can do to promote communication and to help. :D

Lol, touche! I can see that I will need to be on my A game around here ;) I just might start calling myself the Great White Nerd.... although the term intellectual badass (totally robbed from a facebook page) is much more appealing!

Mine comes from the Terry Pratchett book Feet of Clay. It's the name of the toy pig Sergeant Colon had as a child.

I've used it as my nom de clavier for several years now (although I have done some online roleplaying using the name I hesitate to call Mr. Dreadful my 'online persona' as something I've come to realise over the years is that there is only one me, whether on the internet or in real life what you see is what you get. The dark and the light, the good and the bad are all Mr. D and Mr. D alone).

Last edited:
.... although the term intellectual badass (totally robbed from a facebook page) is much more appealing!

well, yes, 'intellectual badass' would be hard to beat. the shark thing isn't bad at all, but a little intimidating, all those teeth. some folks like being eaten alive. me? it depends on who's doing the eating. *small sly smile*

Mr. Dreadful, I must admit that I chuckled when I saw that your edit reason was "extra paragraph of stuff." :) I do that all the time.... type a bunch then re-read and remove!

Catbird: I like to tap into my intimidating side on occasion! I like to know that I have it available for the folks that like to be eaten alive ;)

Well, that was adding rather than removing! I have a habit of typing half a message, getting distracted by something else then forgetting-

Ah, lol... totally opposite of my strategy then! :) I generally spew onto the page and then hack alot of it out!

I'm trying to lose weight and so far it's working - learning to like this body I'm in again - can't go to 'Body Parts R Us' for an upgrade lol - and - when I was looking for a name mine just jumped out at me.

I chose BettyBaker for a Livejournal account a few years ago; I had just been given a bread machine, and I was letting the machine bake bread for me every day. I thought that the monicker BettyBaker was cute and alliterative and ordinary and a little out of style, so I yoinked the name for my own use and have been using ever since!

Another MIRC person!! :) Ok so while I am at it my nick is newer. Solar is for sun. Winds is for well my love of the wind. Fly is because I love to dream of flying and I think we all should find a way to fly. A note my old handle was xapis_1 which is pronounced Chare-iss and its greek for love and the xapis is somewhat what it looks like in greek and the 1 was because I was number one :) hehehehe

I'm a Shaman and Mohegan means Sacred Wolf in a few native languages. I have a wolf as spirit guide/totem animal, so it stuck with me. It was also the name of my sire (maker) when we larped old world of darkness. Basicaly we pretended to be vampires twice a month. We're dorks. :)

Many moons ago, I was sitting in a basement at a party sharing a bottle of sour apple pucker with a guy who would end up being a good friend for awhile. At the time though, we didn't know each other too well, and we both felt a little uneasy with the other, so we started discussing spiritual view and opinions, and the conversation went from there. Three hours and most of the bottle in, he looks up at me and says "Great. So I'm sitting here drinking with Karma's very own little assasin."

It's sort of fitting for my life path, I guess. When we moved to Maryland 3 years ago, one of my friends nicknamed me Karma - I still don't know why, and all he's ever said when asked is that "it just fits you". Mohegan's Wife (one of my best friends) tells me that I'm a living incarnation of karma.

Hell, I just do what seems right to me. But at least I got a really cool nickname out of it.:D

I chose mine because it was the first type of parrot that popped into my mind. My husband and I are also into mushrooms and love to go hunting for morelles andd matsutakes and chantrelles....yum ;)

Claire is the name of my paternal grandfather's first wife: Goad is my maternal grandmother's last name. For another site, I wanted a name that sounded real. :)

So the combination pays tribute to my family's scandalous past, and reminds me that I am a unique combination of the two families. The name represents the road not taken--the first wife- who didn't have children.

(ah, the scandal... my 23 year old grandmother drove a woman to the train station... That woman was Claire, who divorced my grandfather, who then married my grandmother... almost 8 years later. Shocking..) :eek:

I chose mine because it was the first type of parrot that popped into my mind. My husband and I are also into mushrooms and love to go hunting for morelles andd matsutakes and chantrelles....yum ;)
OK, so there's an electra parrot of some sort, and also fungi that are called electra? sounds like a good name. birds fascinate me, and food fascinates me too! :)

(ah, the scandal... my 23 year old grandmother drove a woman to the train station... That woman was Claire, who divorced my grandfather, who then married my grandmother... almost 8 years later. Shocking..)

Well, my friends wouldn't be so shocked, we did everything we could think of to shock our parents' generation. I know some young people now who are really, really straight. Which is okay! But I'm really anti-establishment. :):)

Last edited:
Mendalla Justric was a D&D character (a cleric for those care) of mine back in the 80s and I started using the name on various boards a few years back. Now it's kind of a memorial, because the friend who was the Dungeon Master of that campaign passed away this year.:(

Mendalla

RazeGeneration

Well Raze was my old pen name when I first started writing poems and doing music in high school. Generation Records was the name of our rag-tag record company. When I was making my myspace (many many years ago) I tried to make my URL /Raze but the name was taken, so I just made it /RazeGeneration... and it just stuck, it's been my name ever since. There's a super deep meaning behind it but I don't think you guys are really interested in that :p

but I believe in a way our nicknames say more about us than our given names. While I can still identify as (insert my government name here), I feel that in a lot of ways, I AM Raze. When I talk about myself in third person (which I may or may not do more than would be considerred (normal) lol) I often call myself Raze, simply because that's who I ACTUALLY am. (insert my government name here) just happens to be the name I'm legally identified as. But Raze is who I identify myself as... and I think that means so much more :cool:

Well Raze was my old pen name when I first started writing poems and doing music in high school. Generation Records was the name of our rag-tag record company. When I was making my myspace (many many years ago) I tried to make my URL /Raze but the name was taken, so I just made it /RazeGeneration... and it just stuck, it's been my name ever since. There's a super deep meaning behind it but I don't think you guys are really interested in that :p

but I believe in a way our nicknames say more about us than our given names. While I can still identify as (insert my government name here), I feel that in a lot of ways, I AM Raze. When I talk about myself in third person (which I may or may not do more than would be considerred (normal) lol) I often call myself Raze, simply because that's who I ACTUALLY am. (insert my government name here) just happens to be the name I'm legally identified as. But Raze is who I identify myself as... and I think that means so much more :cool:

Agreed. I feel the name Karma is something that was given to me by the people who really matter, something I earned by being me, and them loving me for what I am. I respond to being called Karma more readily than I do my given name.

Back