Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > General Poly Discussions

Notices

Old 12-29-2018, 07:26 PM

Default Thanks Vince for Seeing My True intent

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinsanity0 View Post
Yes, I think he is referring to a certain set of monogamous people.

This may be splitting hairs, but I don't really view people who date poly people as truly monogamous.
Thanks for seeing my true intentions in my poorly communicated views on monogamy. What I mean is I often fail to communicate the image of poly accepting monos (even though they are in the minority). There are poly accepting monos and these people could be my close friends. The only anti-poly folk I can have a personal relationship with are family members but I am sadly skeptical of this continuing if my YouTube channel gains a lot of traction. Even if it fails to gain traction, I might just be sick and tired of concealing my sentiments to them and just flat out tell them what I know.
Old 12-30-2018, 01:01 AM
Spaminator

Quite frankly, I am surprised more people don't get it. The same people who are saying "Not all monos..." are the same people who would jump all over people who say, "Not all men/cis men/white people/heteros/etc." Monogamous people who have a problem with ethical non-monogamous are not a minority by any stretch of the imagination. It's an institutional bigotry. Even marriage is referred to as an institution.

Just today I ran across an ad in my FB feed that said, ”Only a sensible man knows the value of growing old with the same woman." It also had a gif that said, "Only real men know that one woman is enough!" How insane is that?
Old 12-30-2018, 01:04 AM
Official Greeter

I agree with you guys that most (monogamous) people (would) disapprove of polyamory.
Old 12-30-2018, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Quite frankly, I am surprised more people don't get it. The same people who are saying "Not all monos..." are the same people who would jump all over people who say, "Not all men/cis men/white people/heteros/etc." Monogamous people who have a problem with ethical non-monogamous are not a minority by any stretch of the imagination. It's an institutional bigotry. Even marriage is referred to as an institution.

Just today I ran across an ad in my FB feed that said, ”Only a sensible man knows the value of growing old with the same woman." It also had a gif that said, "Only real men know that one woman is enough!" How insane is that?
Great points, Vinsanity!
Old 01-01-2019, 03:01 AM

Default I hear you

Quote:
I hear you man. However, I still have to keep in mind many of the people who are fighting for us are mono practicing. There are as passionate as me in fighting to all sexual minority. Uh oh. I got a YouTube comment notification of some mono trying to tell me that you can minimize the chance of an STD when you have sex with one lifetime partner who is clean. The STD argument has been debunked monos. Give it up!!!

Quote:
It is not surprising. The funny thing about anti-poly monos is they attach the very negative words that should be applied to themselves at least hypothetically to polys: insecure, immature, and selfish. The quote you just shared is implying real men are mature because they are monogamous while us poly men are immature boys.