Intro of trans-triad

AlixDomme

Hi All, brand new to the group and wanted to introduce myself. I am a biological woman married to a transguy and we have been monogamous for 5 yrs up til the last few months. We are involved in bdsm and we slowly wandered over to poly but have now found ourselves in a triad with one of my hubby's friends. It is new but has been an incredible experience. I have always claimed that I am too jealous to ever be poly but I have experienced compersion over and over in the past few weeks! So beautiful :)
I am unclear at this point whether I want to be poly outside of our triad (frankly not sure I have time w kids and pets and work etc) but I am okay with our 3rd being poly and my husband is not interested in any other relationships right now.

Anyway hello!

Hello and Welcome to the Forum!

Feel free to poke around and read others' stories about how they came to be here. (You'll find our stories in the "Lifestories and Blogs" section of the forum.) You might be interested in Magdlyn's story, she is in an LTR with a transwoman and often shines light on people's perspectives.

A tag search on "BDSM" might also lead you to threads of interest, we have had a fair number of members interested in this topic.

Congratulations on your Compersion! That is a major hurdle. I am often pleasantly surprised at how much people are able to tolerate and enjoy things that they would have always thought were "not for me" - when faced with the reality.

Whether or not you want to explore relationships outside of your triad or not - something to consider and explore within yourself and your relationships. Some Poly-Tangles are "Closed" (a.k.a. "Poly-Fidelity"), some are "Open", some mix Mono/Poly. As long as you and your love(s) and your loves' love(s) are happy and getting what they need from the various relationships...Go You!

Again, Welcome.

JaneQ

PS. Apparently Jane("Likes-CAPITAL-Letters-Today")Q - for some reason I felt the need to capitalize certain concepts/phrases in this post, I'll analyze that tomorrow...after the rum-and-coke wears off...

Last edited:
Greetings Alix,
Welcome to our forum.

Sounds like you've had a very positive experience with poly so far; I think that's awesome. If it ever gets a little bumpy, just work on communication and remember that the rewards are worth it.

As Jane Q mentioned there are all kinds of varieties of poly set-ups and configurations; if the one you have is working for you, then you have the right one.

I wish you much happiness in the future, and hope you enjoy your time on our website.

Sincerely,
Kevin T.

Back