The "How Are You Doing" Thread (redux)

Feeling pretty good today; it is Wendigo's birthday so I stayed up late chatting with him on Skype just so I could wish him a happy birthday. We are getting together Thursday and having tacos and coffee and I am really looking forward to the new game we will be starting that evening. The best thing about our Thursday night gaming group is that everyone knows about our relationship, so I don't have to hide anything. :D

It's such a liberating feeling to not have to hide, isn't it?

As an update...my bf has told his mother about our relationship. She does not approve, at all. I probably won't meet her now.

Yeah, it does. There are so many valid reasons to hide, but sometimes it is hard. But the friends we will be gaming with have known for over a year.... Actually, I declined the chance to take my friendship with Purple to the next level because Wendigo and I fell for each other; 2 1/2 years later and I am happy I made the decision I did.

Today is my dad's birthday; he would have been fourty nine today. He died a couple of days after his 40th. Some years his birthday and the anniversary of his death come and go without notice. This is not one of those years.
In addition to that, I decided I was tired of my feelings for Madscientist driving me crazy, so I told him. I did not tell him in the hopes of something coming from it, I honestly don't know if that's what I would want, but I was just tired of it hanging over my head. I told him I didn't want to hang out for awhile so I could try and deal with the feelings.
After that we sat around talking about our very different forms of communication and how he didn't agree with societal conventions but was having trouble working around them. Like most of the conversations between the two of us it was enjoyable and confusing at the same time. So I feel relieved that it's off my chest but I don't know.

After a bit of thinking and reading marksbabygirl's thread "Love you but," I've come to the conclusion that lust is not the main thing driving my feelings for Madscientist. I am not denying that is a part, but it is a very small part. He is lonely and hurting, it shows and I would love nothing more than to make him feel better.
He is funny and brilliant; I enjoy spending time with him and would love to spend more time with him. I would love to be closer to him but if that's not a possibility, I don't want to be jealous/hate someone who does make him happy.
I want/need to be able to accept things as they are.

Today... pretty freaking good.

In love with a couple someones... one of whom I'm married to.

Have a date with a cute girl (if you're friends on Fetlife or wanna search me on Fetlife, she's the "cute girl" in the pictures) tomorrow night :D

Life is good :) I'm excited.

OH! And its my birthday on Monday so my best friend is making dinner for us, we're going to watch a movie and then leave... without my kids :D night without kids on my b'day weekend... :D woot!! :D

I'm doing great today, our girlfriend is coming up on wednesday, pity she can only stay till thursday, but we take what we get:D

....not sure. Had a talk with my mom about my boyfriend. She asked some very provocative questions.
Is what you're getting out of this worth the cost?
Are you attached to this person? Where do you see your relationship in 1, 3, 5 years? Does this relationship have room to grow?
Will this negatively effect your career if it comes out?
Will (your husband, whom she loves like a son) be okay with sharing you if this person is in your life that long?
Then she started referring to my boyfriend as my mistress, which was odd.

She said she wants me to be happy, and will love me no matter what. She says she is okay with meeting my bf, but doesn't really want him at the house because my younger siblings wouldn't understand, which I get.

Overall, I just felt really depressed when I got home. My husband helped, but the sentiment is still "I made my bed, I'll lie in it"

Other than being annoyed at Yoda's constant arguing. Yesterday was workshop day; I made alot of progress with getting the lining of my dress and the underskirt cut out, but I missed a step on the underskirt assembly, so I am going to have to take the whole thing apart. Still, progress is progress. I got a 60 gal tote full of free fabric over the weekend, so Wendigo and I spent some time sorting it while Runic Wolf tried to get inspired to work on some leather.

One member of our gaming group is taking a break until he gets a new car, so Runic Wolf, Wendigo, and our 4th member of our gaming group hung out last night and played Rock Band 3. It was fun and some achievements were unlocked. :) I even got some alone time with Wendigo. ;)

Just researching for a novel I'm going to write.

Jess is upstairs playing with Mark.

Should browse at a few dating sites.

Feeling okay. No longer going to the career center I was signed up for, thank goodness. It was a total waste of time. So, now I can proceed with some other plans I'd had that were delayed. Registered for this coming semester, which starts in two weeks, and my financial aid is all in place.

Bought some beading supplies and started making some jewelry from other pieces I had, which I cannibalized just to learn. I think I have a knack for this.

As far as relationships go, feeling better.

Been in touch with two guys, D. and M., both of whom I will meet soon (M. this weekend if plans go well, and D. by month's end). I've come to the conclusion T. is interested in friendship and nothing more, and I was just contacted today by someone else on OKC who may have some promise. I am not holding my breath about any of them. There are yellow flags here and there for each of them, so I'll see how things pan out as I get to know them better.

Last edited:
It probly got accidentally deleted with the spam (it wasn't me!). Go ahead and start another one right here.

listening to Shaggy right now, can't get that song out of my head....

lyrics courtesy of azlyrics.com:

(Yo', man) Yo'
(Open up, man) What do you want, man?
(My girl just caught me) You let her catch you?
(I don't know how I let this happen) With who?
(The girl next door, you know) Man
(I don't know what to do) Say it wasn't you
(Alright)

Honey came in and she caught me red-handed
Creeping with the girl next door
Picture this, we were both butt naked, banging on the bathroom floor

How could I forget that I had
Given her an extra key
All this time she was standing there
She never took her eyes off me

How you can grant the woman access to your villa
Trespasser and a witness while you cling to your pillow
You better watch your back before she turn into a killer
Best for you and the situation not to call the beaner
To be a true player you have to know how to play
If she say a night, convince her say a day
Never admit to a word when she say makes a claim
And you tell her baby no way

But she caught me on the counter (It wasn't me)
Saw me bangin' on the sofa (It wasn't me)
I even had her in the shower (It wasn't me)
She even caught me on camera (It wasn't me)

She saw the marks on my shoulder (It wasn't me)
Heard the words that I told her (It wasn't me)
Heard the scream geting louder (It wasn't me)
She stayed until it was over

I had tried to keep her
From what she was about to see
Why should she believe me
When I told her it wasn't me

Make sure she knows it's not you and lead her on the right prefix
Whenever you should see her make the giggolo flex
As funny as it be by you, it not that complex
Seeing is believing so you better change your specs
You know she not gonna be worrying bout things from the past
Hardly recollecting and then she'll go to noontime mass
Wait for your answer: go over there
But if she pack a gun you know you better run fast

But she caught me on the counter (It wasn't me)
Saw me bangin' on the sofa (It wasn't me)
I even had her in the shower (It wasn't me)
She even caught me on camera (It wasn't me)

She saw the marks on my shoulder (It wasn't me)
Heard the words that I told her (It wasn't me)
Heard the scream get louder (It wasn't me)
She stayed until it was over

Given her an extra key

Gonna tell her that I'm sorry
For the pain that I've caused
I've been listening to your reasoning
It makes no sense at all
We should tell her that I'm sorry
For the pain that I've caused
You may think that you're a player
But you're completely lost
That's why I sing

Given her an extra key

I know I haven't been here long and none of you know me well but I have found reading this forum an amazing source of comfort and support.

So I wanted to let you all know that today - I have had some very sad news. And it makes me think lots about love.

Hugs to you all. IP xxx

I know I haven't been here long and none of you know me well but I have found reading this forum an amazing source of comfort and support.

So I wanted to let you all know that today - I have had some very sad news. And it makes me think lots about love.

Hugs to you all. IP xxx

Sorry to hear that you had some sad news.... I'm here if you want to talk about it.

Went to bank, picked up meds, paid bills, got brunch from MickyDees, played Words with Friends on my kindle and napped on and off.

Anyone on here play Words with Friends?

Sorry to hear that you had some sad news.... I'm here if you want to talk about it.

Went to bank, picked up meds, paid bills, got brunch from MickyDees, played Words with Friends on my kindle and napped on and off.

Anyone on here play Words with Friends?

I'm just getting into it on facebook.

My mouth hurts from having a lot of dental work done the past few days. Because of it I'm grouchy and irritable. I've been pondering a lot of things lately and drawing some conclusions I don't like, but I have to live with. I'm also feel frustrated and trapped, which my severe case of wanderlust is not helping at all with.

So in short I'm in pain, irritable, short tempered, and a grouch.

Thankfully BrigidsDaughter is a kind and loving wife and puts up with me, even when I'm like this.

blah

Tired of draining sinuses, hacking up a lung and losing sleep because of it.

Wishing Mother Nature would get over the menopause and give us several days straight of the same weather, NOT one day warm and sunny, the next rainy, the next snow and slush then rain, then warm and sunny: rinse and repeat as necessary.

Wishing things would pick up at work. I'm getting antsy that I'll either have to go back to night shift (not on my list of favorite things to do but definitely better than being laid off) or being laid off. Neither is on my list of things I wish to accomplish this year.

Worried about my son.

In a general ok mood though.

I agree with you, Breathesgirl, on the whole mother nature thing; I'm not terribly fond of winter, but I'd rather have it than indecision.

As for me, I had a good long cuddle with Runic Wolf this morning. :) Working this afternoon; trying to pick up any and all extra hours/ clients I can handle because money is so tight. I'm hoping that the veterans only job fair at the end of the month will point him in the right direction because I'm having no luck finding anything more than part time work in my field with the funding cutbacks. Wendigo is trying to find a tattoo parlor to apprentice him; he's an incredibly talented artist.

Other than the usual money crap, I'm doing pretty good. Finally got rid of the cold I had a couple of weeks ago and for once, I didn't give it to Wendigo and Pretty Lady.

Back