New couple here to learn

sillygirl

Hi everyone. I don't have a super long story. I'm a bisexual female married to an open-minded hetero male. We've talked about poly quite a bit, we're open to possibilities. Right now we're passively seeking a female for a poly fi relationship with us.

I'm a pagan, he's an atheist, we have tons of fun together.

Anyway, I'm reading up some, and glad to be here!

Hi sillygirl,
Welcome to our forum.

I hope you find the person you're seeking; in the meantime there's lots to post, read, and learn, so have a look around and enjoy your time on this site!

Good to meet you here.
Sincerely,
Kevin T.

Thanks! I don't want to get labeled with the negative connotations of the unicorn hunter label. My partner is open to dating separately, and being very casual and open, lots of communication etc. whether it starts as a V etc is fine with both of us. I guess i should say more accurately I'm hoping to find a metamour. ;-)

I'm still learning all the terminology! Lol

Yeah, there's a lot of terminology to learn ... As for the unicorn hunter label, I think you should be safe from it as long as you're prepared to be flexible to the uniqueness of this "unicorn" that you may find, and as long as you're prepared to treat her like a person with her own wants, quirks, and needs. People who would objectify her and think of her as something that's there for their convenience -- that would be a pair of unicorn hunters. But I don't think you fit that label. You seem to be flexible about whatever you may find. She may come already attached to another partner, or kids, or want to seek an extra partner or two of her own ... Those are some of the kinds of things to be prepared for.

Honest, compassionate communication will take you a long way. Continue your search, and tap into all our resources on this site to help you navigate on your journey.

Regards,
Kevin T.

Back