On again---off again---on again???

Today, L and I spent the whole day together...ALONE.... Talking.....We told each other, at the beginning of the day, that we didn't want to talk about S and D all day....That lasted about 5 minutes. LOL :p We talked about how to proceed with them.....The whole day. Then, later in the day, S sent me a text asking how we were. :) This was nice to hear form them....But I told him that we were fine, and asked him how they were. He said they were "as good as they CAN be". HUH? I asked him if things with them were "ok". No answer...So I re-sent the message....Still no answer. So I send another message telling them we r worried....STILL no answer! So I called him and spoke to him for a little while. He almost sounded like they were argueing. Then told me that they were going someplace for the evening. Oddly enough, they told us they were going someplace else a couple days before. :/ Oh well. I told him I hoped that they had a great rest of the day, and hung up.

L and I talked.....a LOT. So we came up with a bit of an idea. We are not going to try to re-kindle the lovers in them....but the friends in them that we had. We (L and I) still remember almost every place that we have ever visited with S & D. Tomorrow, we are going to go picture all of them except for two. Then, we are going to go to their house.....From there, we will picture ourselves in front of their house with frowny faces on. (Keep in mind that this may all blow up in our faces, but we gotta try) anyway, then we will send the pics to them in chronological order. The first place we met them....The first date we had....the first place we all got together in a "intimate way"....all the subsequent places we have been....etc. Then, the last pic will be the one of us together frowning....We will take the pic with us on half of the frame of the pic and in front of their house.....and ask "Who is missing in this pic? Should we go inside this house? Or drive to our own house?"

If they are home, we hope that they will simply come to the door......but have to be prepared for them not to. Thats the hard part. Someone once told us: With great risk, comes great rewards........So....We are hoping for the great rewards. Wish us luck!

I would advise against doing the picture idea. For a well-established relationship that could be a cute idea for an anniversary present, but in this situation I think it would only serve to push them further away. It does not seem like a friend-present but a romantic-present and it sounds like at the moment you are trying to avoid that vibe with them. If they are having issues between them, and they are doing things like not responding to texts, they probably need some space.

I am sorry for what you are going through and hope that everything is resolved in a way that makes everyone happy!

Well...We did our little picture thing....and it worked! We went over to their house today and sat around talking for a while. Just being friends. Then, we "talk\ed" some more about all of our relationships. It is definatly "on again". :Rolleyes: LOL Not to the point of sex....but definatly WILL be soon. :D We discussed the possibility of getting closer when their kids moved out. D said that she would be on board with that, but that S may not be yet. (He went out to mow the yard about 5 minutes before. :rolleyes: ) We all three agreed that he may NEVER be ready for that type of relationship....but....Then again, he MIGHT be some time. D said that she and S had spoken together, and they really want to see us all four getting old together. :D

I told everyone tonight, that in the future we ALL need to be open to the idea of expressing our feelings to everyone in the relationship right away and not holding it in and bottling it up until we explode. No matter HOW embarrassed we are about it. Everyone agreed.

Today = cloud 4

I'm working my way up again. :D YAY!

I told everyone tonight, that in the future we ALL need to be open to the idea of expressing our feelings to everyone in the relationship right away and not holding it in and bottling it up until we explode. No matter HOW embarrassed we are about it. Everyone agreed.

Today = cloud 4

I agree whole heatedly! :D It is a learning curve that we are all working on, which is good ! We are all talking openly and are slowly building a relationship that we all want. And have all agreed to take it as slow as the slowest in this relationship. We all want this to work out !:eek:

Well...We did our little picture thing....and it worked! We went over to their house today and sat around talking for a while. Just being friends. Then, we "talk\ed" some more about all of our relationships. It is definatly "on again". :Rolleyes: LOL Not to the point of sex....but definatly WILL be soon. :D We discussed the possibility of getting closer when their kids moved out. D said that she would be on board with that, but that S may not be yet. (He went out to mow the yard about 5 minutes before. :rolleyes: ) We all three agreed that he may NEVER be ready for that type of relationship....but....Then again, he MIGHT be some time. D said that she and S had spoken together, and they really want to see us all four getting old together. :D

Today = cloud 4

I don't want to say I told you so, but... I told you so!

*clap*

I think that your relationship with them is going to be good for all of you. Just remember to GO SLOW!!! And communication is key to making anything work. Remember to GO SLOW!! had to throw that in again. With all that I'm going thru I have learned to be much more patient, not all people "travel" at the same speed I do. Some are faster (not to many!), most are slower. Try to make sure all four of you are on the same page and no secrets. Secrets and lack of communication, in my opinion, are 2 of the biggest downers for something that looks like it is starting out very good.
Good luck to you and your lady, I hope everything works out for the best.

I think that your relationship with them is going to be good for all of you. Just remember to GO SLOW!!! And communication is key to making anything work. Remember to GO SLOW!! had to throw that in again. With all that I'm going thru I have learned to be much more patient, not all people "travel" at the same speed I do. Some are faster (not to many!), most are slower. Try to make sure all four of you are on the same page and no secrets. Secrets and lack of communication, in my opinion, are 2 of the biggest downers for something that looks like it is starting out very good.

In that same breath, some people may think they are pacing well, but really not. They may be fast at some aspects. Be cognizant of everyone involved and their comfort.

I am also one of the faster travelers. LOL At least I think I am. :eek: But the reality is that no matter how "fast" I may travel, if the other travelers aren't keeping up, then I may out pace them and I'll be left all alone anyway. :( That would totally suck!

So I am back to pacing myself at everyone else's pace. I'm good with that pace though....because it keeps everyone happy. And "happy" is what I really want for everyone to be anyway. ;)

Well, very little in the form of "communication" with S & D today. :( Wish they would at least text. :( Oh well....Gotta be patient I guess. Time for bed now....I get to go sleep with my loving wife! :D SWEET!

Daily contact is not a reasonable expectation given everything you've described about the relationship so far. Have you looked at the short amount of time that passes between your posts? Look at the time between up and down, between off and on. As an outsider with nothing but hopes for your success, I'm telling you, it's not patient. You said you'd be patient.

LOL Actually, I try to post daily. I'm not really all THAT concerned about daily contact with them. In fact, I am USED to just the weekends with them. However, this will ALLLLLL change on Monday. I start a new job working with S at his shop. THIS should be interesting. LOL Then I'll have daily contact and interaction.

My wife and I are VERY close. We have, for almost 8 years, worked side by side. We were litteraly together for 24 hours per day. So to us, we LOVE to spend the time together, and having physical separation for long periods (like a week or more) is odd and unsettling. But I am being patient....for me. LOL Obviously, patience was NOT something that I have picked up over the years. My wife and I met, and were married about a month later. LOL

Today was great. I am now working with S at his job. I totally foresee us getting ever closer. Hopefully this is just what we need.

Well, I am now working with S at his job on a daily basis....Yesterday, S needed a little cash, so I called up L and had her bring some to him. She actually flirted with him! YAY!!!! And....He liked it and was very receptive to it! YAY!!!! L said she will try to do this even more.

Wow...Today was the BEST DAY AT "work" EVER! I love my job with S! I had to replace a transmission today, and inspect over 100 vehicles. It was SO AWESOME! And S and I are getting along great.

Last edited:
Happy for you. May things continue to head in the right direction. Even if slow, may they face due north.

That is sssooo awesome! I wish my K would have done things different. I think its wonderful that you have a good base for a relationship with S. If you have a good base then everything else should fall into place. Good luck to you.

Ok, so we are all going to be spending almost teh WHOLE HOLIDAY WEEKEND together!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG! This weekend is set up to be THE BEST EVER!!!!!!!!!!

S and D are coming by to pick up up tomorrow morning around 7am. We are then all going to Orlando to a resort hotel. While there, we are planning on going resort hopping. Basically, we are registered at one Disney resort, so we can travel between the other disney resorts and enjoy all the amenaties of them all. :D It's gonna be fun!

Thats on Saturday and Sunday.

Then, we come back on Sunday afternoon. On Monday, we're all going out dirt bike riding! Oh my gosh, this is going to be a fun weekend!

Damn it! I jinxed it all.....I really dislike this rollercoaster. I want off! :(

Well, we are all still going to Orlando....However, S sent a text last night saying he wanted to all be on the same page and we were just going to have fun and not "get crazy"....blah blah blah.

Whatever..... Did I WANT to get all crazy? Well, it would have been nice....but it seems all S wants is to "just be friends". :(

My wife, L, heard it in my voice as I read the text to her, and asked if I was "alright".....Yeah...I'm "alright"......I'm just hurt...and oh well. I've effectivly given up on any kind of relationship other than a friendship.....with anyone.....other than my wife.

*side note: depression begins to take hold*

My wife and I never really "dated". We saw each other non-stop for about a month....Then we got married. Is this what dating is like? If so, how do you cope?

sad....confused...hurt...angry...elated...relieved....anxious...sad agin......angry again...sad again.

This ride sux and I want off.

My wife and I have even discussed riding our motorcycle to Orlando by ourselves and just meeting S &D there at the hotel. (good thing we booked a room with two beds and not one king size :rolleyes: ) Unfortunatly, I am dealing with a severely sore rearend already anyway since I've been riding the bike so much recently with my new jobs....Which are 25 miles away from home.

So there you have it for today. Looks like it's all "off again". :(

*side note: depression begins to take hold*

My wife and I never really "dated". We saw each other non-stop for about a month....Then we got married. Is this what dating is like? If so, how do you cope?

Sure, in that case. I have had dating where I picked a girl up in a bar, took her home and didn't leave the bedroom for 3 weeks except to eat.

I have also actually dated. Movies, time in the city, dinner etc.

Sorry about the loss, but the journey is like that. When you were mono, did you stop dating because someone broke up with you? :)

Back