My story

aussielover

Not sure where to put this, so thought I might put it here. A bit more of a background on me.

I'm 30, and for 13 years have identified myself as a lesbian. I'm also coming out of an 11 year relationship that has not been good for a very long time, and I have finally got up the nerve to decide what's best for ME, instead of doing what was easy and just co-existing with my ex-wife. And damn that legalized gay marriage in Ontario has come back to bite me on the ass!

Anyways, for 11 1/2 years I've been with the same woman. Basically emotionally abusive the entire time. Well, maybe just for a decade. She was/is unstable, in fact her whole family is. Recently she'd become physically abusive as well. That is when I finally put my foot down and decided to finally end the relationship. Right now we are in the midst of packing and sorting up our home and going our separate ways.

Now to back up a little bit, I met Sunshinegrl on message board about 4 years ago. After talking for a while, we quickly grew close and after a while, I started talking with her husband, Aussiebloke as well. I should let them tell their side of this, but from my point of view, I was already in love with Sunshinegrl and starting to fall for Aussiebloke (which was something new to me too) when things got a bit confusing. The whole, loving more than one person at a time (by this point, I'd already emotionally left my wife). That's when Sunshinegrl called it off. (I will have to let them tell you what was happening there, if they so choose)

For nearly 3 years, we lost contact. I was always loving them, missing them, wondering what they were doing. They had another child during that time, and I so very much regret not being able to be a part of the pregnancy and beginning of this little mans life. I was lonely, in my own world... missing a part of myself. Existing basically.
Then, this past January, my ex decided to start talking to Sunshine again. I knew what would happen. I knew we would pick right back up where we left off. The old feelings, 3 years later, were still there, stronger than ever.
All I can say is the relief of having them back in my life was so strong. I felt complete again. This time, we decided that we were going out to meet them. 4 months later, we had bought tickets to Australia. Originally, we were intending on a quad, but, my ex exhibited some very bad behaviour while we were there. Anyway, after travelling for nearly 2 days (27 hours flying, with 4 flights and layovers in between, also missing a flight by about 15 mintues) and delaying us by 5 hours. Killing me... I had waited so long to be with them and the damn airlines delayed me even more *shaking fist in the air* DAMN YOU QUANTAS! :D Anyways, god, finally seeing them... was so wonderful. There were stairs, I saw Sunshine standing at the bottom of them, Aussiebloke was waiting to the side, cool guy he is... there was an escalator as well... I thought, "screw the escalator" And ran down the stairs into her arms :D hmmm , sorry, lost in a memory. then here comes Aussiebloke and I got a great big strong hug from him as well. *sigh* Anyways... I knew it right there... it was going to be the three of us... It was amazing just to be in their presence. I was HOME... finally. We acted as a quad for a little bit, but after my ex started acting up (childish term but was a correct discription) and Aussiebloke's feelings changed for her (don't blame him a bit) and Sunshine's changed too... so that left the three of us. Was quite difficult for a while. I wanted to show affection to both, was getting the evil eye from my ex, especially with Aussiebloke.
I was bad, or, we were, but I snuck out a few nights...to be with them. It was perfect. We all fit together so well, nothing was aqward, just felt natural. Normal.
So that's when plan B came into effect. Originally my ex was going there to look for a job so we could move there. New plan, there's a work exchange program I'll be doing so I can be there a year to two years until we figure out something more permanant.

We were there for three weeks. Falling more and more in love with both of them. I was adapt to loving two people at once and it was just right. When the three of us had time alone, sparce as it was, it was just... right.
It was there that I told my ex we were finished. I had already decided, about a week before I told her... but she put her hands on me a second time and that was it. I was planning on coasting until we got home, but I wasn't willing to do it anymore. I knew what I wanted, what I needed, WHERE I was wanted and needed. I knew my home. I'd always felt like Australia was the place for me, even as a child. And it just so happened I fell in love with these two wonderful people who happend to live there.

Anyways, it broke my heart when I had to leave. God that ranked up there with a few of the worst days of my life.... I had to say goodbye then travel for 2 days with someone I'd just ended an 11 year relationship with. It's been now just over three weeks since I left. Each day seems a month, each week a year with out them near me. Online and the phone are just not good enough. I miss them both so much. I miss the kids. I'm biding my time right now, waiting to get enough money to enroll in this work program. My goal is by the end of september to be there. Be home.

Ok, I feel like I've rambled on enough, although I know there's more to say. Sunshine, Aussiebloke, feel free to comment or add anything you like. I love you both with all my heart and can't wait to be home with my family.

Thanks for sharing your story. It seems you have found happiness and I think that is the most important part of your story. I hope it all goes smoothly for you.

Having you here for those three weeks was amazing. And It was so worth the wait to get you here. To finally be able to spend time with you in the flesh was amazing. Never gonna let you go again. Hurry home sweet.I know I cant wait to have you back home with us. Where you belong. We all miss you so much!

Thanks for sharing your story. It gives me hope that my own situation will work out in the end. :)

Aussielover, that is awesome! It is so great when we can form those strong love connections with others, who become family. That's what I'm talkin' bout!!!!

Thanks guys! :)

Mark :D WOOTWOOT hehe

Foxflame Good luck!! :)

Quath, you're right, and I defenately have! I wasn't happy for a very long time, I'm so glad I've found it now!

I'm also thankful for sharing here your story.
It's rare to find what can really make you happy and I'm proud of you that you have find it. I hope you can have that happiness for a lifetime.
Enjoy life to the fullest.

Thank you for sharing this. I hope you get home soon.

hhmmmm

Just curious - You have identified yourself as a lesbian for 13 years and have been in a lesbian relationship for 11 (albeit an unhealthy one and that really sucks). Was your partner a lesbian or bi? Did you both just decide to open your relationship up and try polyamory or were you always in an open relationship? What made you decide to go for a married somewhat hetero couple?

These are just all my curiosity. I have no ill motives with the questions. Although it does always fascinate me when people can be gay and then not...or likewise a 40 year old woman who is all of a sudden gay. I was just having this convo with my sister today. Like she has a curiosity for women, but knows it is nothing more than that and she is straight. For me, I have known since I was very small I was a lesbian and even thought nothing of talking about marrying a woman when I was 5 or 6 and being told by other kids that was not something I could do. Did not occur to me at the time that was odd..LOL. Anyway, kinda freaks me out when lesbians say that they are no longer lesbian anymore - like Redpepper. I just literally can't imagine it. It would shake my world so much I might as well have amnesia because I would not even know myself. How in the world does that happen? I guess unless you two were always bi. Anyway, these are my own issues (of course...it is always about ourselves) and I mean no disrespect.

I'm not offended at all. I don't mind answering questions. I've identified as lesbian for 13 years, since I was 17. My partner is a lesbian and we didn't necessarily DECIDE to open the relationship, I fell in love. With Sunshinegrl first, which was totally within my comfort zone. We had talked and talked and it just happened. There was a time we were both feeling the same thing but afraid to say it to the other, so this wasn't really a concious decision at all. I was never LOOKING for someone.
I'd been curious about being with a man, as I never did before I came out, but didn't act on it.

What happened after that was I got to KNOW Aussiebloke. Even as a teenager I'd always said it was ther PERSON who I loved, not the fact they were m/f, at the time it was about me loving women, but I guess that flows both ways.
After actually getting to know him, I found myself falling for him. Believe me, this was even more confusing to me than it seems to be for you. But it happened. It wasn't about anatamy, it was about the person inside.

I remember at about age 6 or 7 thinking to myself that I wished I were a boy so I could marry my best friend. I think thats as early a memory I remember to having known I would be with women. (At that age I didn't know I COULD be with a woman). So very similar to you, I knew something was different about me.

AB was my first male lover. And honestly, making love with him felt as natural as it did with SG. Wonderful, tender, loving, everything I could have hoped for.

So I can't really answer your question as to why. Perhaps deep down I always was bi, I don't know. But I DO know, that if this relationship (knock on wood), if anything happened, women would still be my primary attraction and I would be with women again. Like I said, I fell in love with him because he is him, not because he was a man. Believe me, it shook my world as well when I realized it was happening. Took a lot to wrap my head around it, but he makes me feel wonderful. Loved, wanted, safe, and I love him very much.

I don't mind answering questions, so if there are more, fire away.
:D

Just curious - You have identified yourself as a lesbian for 13 years and have been in a lesbian relationship for 11 (albeit an unhealthy one and that really sucks). Was your partner a lesbian or bi? Did you both just decide to open your relationship up and try polyamory or were you always in an open relationship? What made you decide to go for a married somewhat hetero couple?

These are just all my curiosity. I have no ill motives with the questions. Although it does always fascinate me when people can be gay and then not...or likewise a 40 year old woman who is all of a sudden gay. I was just having this convo with my sister today. Like she has a curiosity for women, but knows it is nothing more than that and she is straight. For me, I have known since I was very small I was a lesbian and even thought nothing of talking about marrying a woman when I was 5 or 6 and being told by other kids that was not something I could do. Did not occur to me at the time that was odd..LOL. Anyway, kinda freaks me out when lesbians say that they are no longer lesbian anymore - like Redpepper. I just literally can't imagine it. It would shake my world so much I might as well have amnesia because I would not even know myself. How in the world does that happen? I guess unless you two were always bi. Anyway, these are my own issues (of course...it is always about ourselves) and I mean no disrespect.

Cool

Thanks for taking the time to answer. That sounds cool. I am glad you are getting the 'balance' of male love. I can sense with myself the imbalance when it comes to loving one gender, but it is what it is. I came out at 17 as well, actually 14, but ran back into the closet because felt I was not really ready then and my mother exacerbated that with saying I was not old enough to make that kind of decision at the time....hahah, I wasnt making a decision though, it just was.
I was different, though, in that I have had relationships with men, and loved men, but the love was always superficial...not deep, and does not hold a candle to women. I actually was most comfortable to explore being with men after I came out as gay (not bi funny enough) at 17 and was always up front with them about it.
I am getting some balance, though, since I have met the male of my dreams and the one has affected me like no other in my 22 month old little boy ; ). Anyway...good luck to you! Hope it all works out and continues to offer you what you need.

Back