The "How Are You Doing" Thread (redux)

Ive had a lot of trouble sleeping lately. I figured out that I wake up in the night thinking about sex! Then I cant sleep again.

Then, in another post on here, I saw someone's advice - "give yourself a break from here, and get others things on your mind". And I realised Ive spent a LOT of time on here.

So Ive taken the advice from above, got stuck into gardening, DIY projects and work, etc. ... and Ive been sleeping better for it!

After 2 nights of great sleep, I'm ready to tackle the day ! Mind you, working from home, and having no work to actually do, means I can crack on with my own stuff, and thats great !

Hey bassman, do you play the bass?

Hey bassman, do you play the bass?

Hi Magdlyn
Havent played much in the last few years. I travel a lot for work, so its difficult to commit to any band. Plus, I love time with my little boy sooooo much, too. We've bought a new house 2 years ago, and Ive had a ton of work to do on it.

So, the poor bass has been VERY neglected. However, only last night I retrieved all my cabling and stuff, to get my amp setup in my man cave. So, its getting there.

Ive played all sorts of music, - rock, dinner dance, jass trio, big band jazz, country and even (yuk) barn dance music! Anything for money or fun !!

I'm on utube, I could PM you the link if you're interested?

Oh, I have a 5 string bass by "Samick" (Korean piano company) :)

Bassman ,

What do you think of Tal Wilkenfeld ? hope I spelled last name correctly..if not please correct me.

Oh my word, I hadnt heard of her before, but I just caught her on u-tube, playing with Jeff Beck - wait , JEFF BECK !!!!!! She got to be worth her salt to play with him!

I'm a fan now..... she can give me lessons anytime, too! ;)

Trying to wake up.

Had an awesome day yesterday - had some success with work, got an hour to myself, spent an afternoon/evening with my derby girls (even though we lost the bout :( ) and got to sleep in till 10am.

:D

Trying to clear my head - was woken out of a deep deep sleep/dream :p

On Saturday, I finally admitted to myself, a long-time attraction to someone.
On Sunday, that person confided some very tough, painful things they have gone/are going through to me. Things that might make most people 'run'.

For me, I had that overwhelming urge to want to help them, fix it, make them feel good. Kiss that pain away,...

Since then, I`ve realized for the first time ever, I have been blind-sided by NRE.

..and nobody knows it but me.

This shit sucks. Normally, I handle NRE so well.

Can we skip ahead 6 months ? No ? How about 1 month ? I could settle for that.

..Frig.

I'm doing pretty well today, inspite of being suspended for something I didn't do. Had a good cuddle with Runic Wolf and Wendigo after game last night. Wendigo was half passed out due to a combination of tooth pain (2 cracked molars) and painkillers. He held my hand, squeezing when he needed to, while Runic Wolf leaned up against my other arm and played a game on his iPad. It wasn't how I'd planned to spend the night.... We'd initially planned an early dinner of ham and stuffing before game, but Wendigo's water was out and he was still trying to fix it into the late afternoon. Though late dinner was delicious and it made me happy to take care of them.

Recently started a new BC pill. I can't tell if the anxiety and irritability is a life-circumstance or a pharmaceutical issue. And there might be acne cropping up. Grrr. This whole contraceptive thing is awfully complicated.

Had another lovely interlude with a man last night. Seems like it might evolve into something where he needs a nickname! Wheee!

It also cracks me up that giving someone a nickname on this board indicates that they have reached a certain level of involvement in my life.

Last edited:
Had another lovely interlude with a man last night. Seems like it might evolve into something where he needs a nickname! Wheee!

It also cracks me up that giving someone a nickname on this board indicates that they have reached a certain level of involvement in my life.

I do the same thing! I just refer to someone by initials or description until there's enough reason to give him an alias here. And it's got to be just right.

Someone in my life having an alias has gotta mean something! Hahaha.

Last edited:
Fighting off depression. Being bi-polar I sometimes get deep dives into depression and it's been months since my last one, so I don't want to give into it again. BrigidsDaughter turned in her two week notice at work today because of how unprofessional her work place is. Since she was the one of us working full time, so money has been on my mind lately and worries about it are not helping with my depression.

However I will not let it win. Stiff upper lip and all that. ;)

Hi,

Jumping in here, if I may . . .

I'm finally getting over a bad case of "the crud" (regional slang for an especially nasty kind of cold that settles in the throat and stays . . . and stays . . . and stays.) I made it through a busy day at work (at a university) without feeling like I needed to lie down for a few hours.

I also had a couple of interactions with someone on whom I've had a hopeless crush for several months - a few funny emails, a brief conversation when we crossed paths on campus - which put a kind of warm glow on the whole day.

(Maybe it's not quite so hopeless, I allow myself to think . . .)

Fighting off depression. Being bi-polar I sometimes get deep dives into depression and it's been months since my last one, so I don't want to give into it again. BrigidsDaughter turned in her two week notice at work today because of how unprofessional her work place is. Since she was the one of us working full time, so money has been on my mind lately and worries about it are not helping with my depression.

However I will not let it win. Stiff upper lip and all that. ;)

I love you! Sometimes the right decision to make is the hardest one. Now I just need to get as many clients as possible for my part-time job and find a second part time job or a new full time one.

I'm actually feeling relieved. After being suspended for something I didn't do, I went back to work today to discover that I'd been turned in by the site gossip monger who wasn't even there when the incident allegedly occurred; who has had it in for me since I threw a wrench in her idea of never having to ride the bus (part of our job responsibilities) and getting to leave 45 minutes early everyday, while still taking full pay. I have put up with 10 months of unprofessional behavior in the hopes that it would catapult me to a better position in the agency and away from our site. It's become clearer to me in the last few months that they were not going to follow through on their promise to give me the job I'd applied for. And now I am free to find that job myself. And I appreciate that my loves support me in my decision, as difficult as it was.

feelin' alright

Went to an advance screening yesterday of the film Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy with Gary Oldman and Colin Firth - it is excellent! Oh man, wonderfully done. Acting was superb, and the set design and wardrobe was so crazy good (takes place mostly in the 70s). I suspect it will be released over the holidays or early in 2012. I highly recommend it.

I ran into a good friend there, so we went out to eat afterward. In the theater, I recognized another filmmaker who was sitting next to me and struck up a convo with her. I spoke with her once at a screening of one of her documentaries, and really love her work. We exchanged cards, so that was a nice connection to make.

Last edited:
Doing okay, a bit sore today from fighting yesterday. I'm used to hiding behind the big guys with shields with my bow; not going sword and board and getting tackled. Anyways, I'm feeling a bit lonely today. Runic Wolf got a rare Sunday off and almost immediately after we woke up, he got called to help a friend move. Until he gets home I can't do laundry, wash dishes, or cook dinner as he has the car and we are out of soap.

Back