Why do you use the online name that you use?

Oh -- clemency -- now I get it.

Mines pretty simple and honestly I didn't give it a lot of thought, it just kinda came to me and I thought"yeah, that fits".
First, I have an unusual sense of smell, I smell EVERYTHING. I'm a great cook but I never taste my food while I'm preparing because my sense of smell is stronger than my sense of taste. Anyway, several years ago, I happened upon a movie called "Honeysuckle Rose" with Willie Nelson and I was immediately drawn to the name being a huge Willie Nelson fan.
Also, it just feels like the best parts of the country...and I'm for sure a country chick. Loved this thread!

I have 3 different names I most often use for different accounts. There is one that I prefer to be known under on the Internet, I use it when I upload my creations. It replaced the previous one which I still use on OKC and sometimes for other accounts - Jill Richards. My very first nickname was Juliet, later it turned into Jill, and the surname was inspired by a video game where there was a character called so.
Since those two names were already taken (just how many people have signed up over the years? :D), I used the third one. I like the name Eliza, and when I came up with this one, I thought, why not? The number 16 stands for my birthday.

Poly = polyamourous
Nym = nymphromaniac
A = anarchist

No interesting story.

Hi why we pick our names

Well iam from Norway! And being such my roots matter! 👍😁.... thunderstrike well it's in the name! 😂😁..... Thor control the thunderstorms so I love them that's why I picked the name!☝😀

Foxes are an easy representation of my playful, spirited, and sometimes wild nature. I'm small, flexible, and independent but social. I also think the word "vixen" is a sexy word, so I wanted to play off that.

What a cool thread.

My screenname is a play on the word eclectic.

I use it because...I am and proud of it.:)

I also use another screenname Lyknothr which is a play on 'like no other'.

See same explanation above for usage. haha*

My screenname is a play on the word eclectic.

I use it because...I am and proud of it.:)

I also use another screenname Lyknothr which is a play on 'like no other'.

See same explanation above for usage. haha*

I see you're in Denver! Hi!! *waves* I'm down in the Springs. :)

I just needed a new email address, so I pulled a word out of my stream of thought at the moment. Now it's the basis for my seconary, usually more private, areas of my online life: pretty much anything I would prefer my family not know yet or in as much detail. I have variants and derivations all over the place.

I still keep my original username for my more public online face and it's still surprisingly available when I try to use it to sign up for things despite it being a relatively popular name :D

Tyir-Indefinita

My name is from a gamer-tag I made when I was 15-ish. I had recently gone to Ireland and learned some Gaelic. As well as being obsessed with both magic tricks and magick, I was learning Latin. The two words were the first part of a Gaelic word for beneficial, but like an altruistic goodness, the closest thing in pseudo-English would be, beneficiality. That of course isn't a real word. The closest English pronunciation is "Tyir" The Latin is unlimited and or indefinite. Thus Tyir-Indefinita

TLDR; It's a cross of 1 Gaelic and 1 Latin word that together mean unlimited goodness.

Two reasons... I used to be known as Eve in a particularly capacity (because it was biblical, like my real name, so I figured I'd remember it LOL), but I preferred the diminutive once I acknowledged I'm submissive.

Second, I used to love watching The House of Elliot and had a childhood "I wanna be like her when I grow up" crush on Evangeline.

I gave myself this moniker, as one of my meta's told my husband that my head was in the sand regarding my husband's relationship with them. I'll own it.

I almost went with Ostrich the A***ole, but thought that might be too strong.

I have been told by another on this board that I'm not an ostrich, because of the agreement I have with my spouse regarding DADT (it's more of tell me a little, but that's it).

So maybe Emu?

I guess I never posted in this thread! I don’t really remember why I picked my name, other than it had a color in it. I like two part names, and RedPepper already existed here. I was going to go with GreenPepper but wanted to not be so similar. So I then chose Blue, and Bird seemed to be a normal thing to follow.

@BrokenArrow - Oh good, not:
Broken Arrow (plural Broken Arrows)

1. (US, euphemistic, military) An accidental event that involves nuclear weapons or nuclear components but does not create the risk of nuclear war.[1][2] quotations ▼
  2. (US, military) a code phrase that a ground unit is facing imminent destruction from enemy attack and all available air forces within range are to provide air support immediately.
When I first saw your name I went to:

So, my name: I ask google for a bunch of random pictures, find something in a picture and see if it's taken. Totally random.

Last edited:
My name was inspired by a song that I enjoy listening to.

Devendra Banhart - Inaniel

Lyrics:

Inaniel Miel Laeilani
Inaniel Miel Laeilani
Inaniel Miel Laeilani
Inaniel Miel

Cuando Dios Inaniel va caminando
Cuando Dios va, va
Cuando Dios va cantando
Cuando Dios va, va

Inaniel Miel Laeilani
Inaniel Miel Laeilani