Good Morning/Afternoon/Evening!

Damabupuk

Hello all. How to begin....?
Male (whatever that might mean in our culture), early 40s, married 20 years. I've been bisexual, and interested in the potential of polyamorous living since my late teens. My wife and I are coming out of a pseudo-polyamorous relationship (a long and, sadly, unhappy story), but have remained open to the possibilities such a lifestyle presents. But we have questions, and so here I am.

I'm a doctoral student in English Literature, focussing on comic books and superheroes. I'm a musician, pagan (again, whatever that might mean), psychedelicist. I'm interested in the way we can reshape culture, especially Western culture, which I'm firmly convinced is a toxic society in need of some curing.

In the years I've been in university, I've been struck by the welcoming attitude of the various queer cultures I've been exposed to, and I certainly think polyamory fits the distinction of queer. I look forward to exploring and sharing ideas and experiences with you all.

Also, if I could just add, I am so happy and relieved to have found this community. One of the great beauties of the Internet is to find that you're not alone in the things that interest you, and the things you wrestle with.

Greetings Damabupuk,
Welcome to our forum. Please feel free to lurk, browse, etc.

Sounds like some interesting conversations are in store for us as we get to know you better. If you poke around here, you'll find many engaging threads that will open up new windows on the subject of polyamory.

Let us know of whatever questions you may have along the way.
Sincerely,
Kevin T., "official greeter" :)

Notes:

There's a *lot* of good info in Golden Nuggets. Have a look!

Please read through the guidelines if you haven't already.

Note: You needn't read every reply to your posts, especially if someone posts in a disagreeable way. Given the size and scope of the site it's hard not to run into the occasional disagreeable person. Please contact the mods if you do (or if you see any spam), and you can block the person if you want.

If you have any questions about the board itself, please private-message a mod and they'll do their best to help.

Welcome aboard!

Back