Hello Everybody!

Fayerweather

Hi,

I am excited to have found this forum and I'm looking forward to finding support and advise and sharing ideas with people here. I'm in my first poly relationship (after being fiercely mono and jealous/possessive for my entire life up to this point). I started dating my current BF a little over a year ago and he insisted on us being poly (he'd always been mono too but felt that poly was the way he wanted to live and love others).

I started out terrified, anxious and confused, even though he remained faithful for the first 7 months of our relationship. About 6 months ago, he became involved with his other girlfriend, and after some tears and triggers and jealousy and hard work, she and I have developed a great friendship and the two of them are happily snuggled up together. I just met a wonderful man a couple of months ago who I'm falling for fast and last night, the four of us went on our first "double date" where our other partners got to meet and hang out. It's going really well and I've never been happier.

I feel like although I still have some work to do before I can let go of some old triggers and old emotional reactions, I've come incredibly far down the road to a happy poly existence and would love to hear from others with similar experiences. My heart is full of love and my brain is coursing with new ideas and concepts and I gotta say, I am a total convert! Hello all and thanks for being here :D

Wow! sounds fab :0) horray for compersion! saw in one of your other posts you're into neuropsych? (i did psych for my base degree, have always found it facinating) anyhow, cheery greetings! *waves hello* :)

Hey :)

I haven't studied psychology or brain function in any serious way, but my boyfriend is into Neuro-Linguistic Programing (NLP/Hypnosis) and I study things like Open Focus/Alpha Syncrinous brain waves. Also Whitness meditation (the practice of living in the present moment while recognizing that most of our realities are constructed by ourselves through obsessive and negative thought patterns and that most of our problems and anxieties have no basis in reality). Phew!! so yeah...that's kind of what I'm into. Are you writing from the UK? Awesome! How long have you been on here? Anything interesting happening?

Back