Your most recent OKC messages. post em here!

Well, my first experience with a really unpleasant person on okc. I know those one sentence + misspelling persons of course, but there was one, who got on my nerves. I was in a reasonable good mood, therefore I asked him politely to stop spamming, that his behaviour doesn't encourage an answer at all. He asked me about some musicians, who I didn't know. Here is his reply:

Okay, if you dont know any of those persons, you are not worth writing to :(

And please spare me for your hypocrisy.

You are living with two men and gets offended because I am talking about getting you wet and giving you orgasmes?

Come down to earth. I will not waste my time with you :)

Goodbye :)

How ... not surprising, I guess.

I just got a very simple message from a man who complimented my physical features (positively - like my smile and hair, not my boobs), commented on some reading interests we share, and then told me he was interested in pursuing me and that he hoped to hear from me soon.

At first I was amused by some of the word choices (and the fact that he signed it Regards, HisName which I have always found an odd way to close a personal message), but then I realized that this was one of the most straightforward messages I've gotten on there and that he technically did everything right (showed he read my profile by commenting on things said, paid me a personal compliment, and included some information about himself) even if it was in a way that struck me as kind of awkward. Then again, almost everything about attempting online dating feels awkward to me.

I did respond. We'll see what happens.

...the fact that he signed it Regards, HisName which I have always found an odd way to close a personal message)...

Really? What is odd about that? I'm really curious. When I message people on OKC, I usually sign it:

Regards,
nycindie

or

Cheers!
nycindie

How would you expect it to be signed?

"Regards" always seemed rather formal and impersonal to me.

Cheers is a good one. A lot of people seem to say "Hope to hear from you soon," which I usually like as long as the rest of the message wasn't needy or insecure-sounding (the whole "you probably won't be interested in me, but...." type stuff).

I certainly think the only thing that's odd about it is that it sounds too polite from OKC. Usually I get a "'Sup!"
:confused:

I get a few "hey"s myself. That's the message: hey.

I've been tempted to respond back with what I always tell my nephew when he's flitting around trying to get everyone's attention by saying hey - Hay is for horses, now what do you really want? :D

One reason I love that kid is that he finds all of my lame comments funny. lol

It wasn't on OKC but I recently got a message on another site where this chick tells me (us) that we are "Just what she's looking for" but, "I can't move until August."

Ok, freak me out a little! I'm thinking, "Dude we haven't even talked on the phone and you are planning on moving?? Slow the F down!"

She wrote several times. I finally told her that she's not what we are looking for.

I heard back from Mr. Regards and he seems much less formal in SECOND messages. We are having a nice conversation now. :)

^Awesome. :)

So I recently got one on a gay personals site: "So what's this polygamy thing you're into? You want seven husbands or something?? I can be down with that! So when do we start? How many you got so far??"

Uhh.... :eek:

Last time I was on OKC was a WHILE ago...Right before I met (P) and (K)....
But there was this (physically) attractive man who took an interest in wanting to watch me do "squats"...in fact, confessed that he was rather turned on by the idea of watching me.
Now...I am not one to criticize what gives anybody "that special feeling,"..however, I couldn't help imagining his voice as being similar to Arnold's Austrian accent....

Very impressed with this one...

He starts off with:

What a relief to read your profile! Fun and funny, full of delight in the world and in words, and open to non-traditional relationships.​

Then progresses into a bit about him that he then relates back to something I mention in my profile.

I am a singer-songwriter of mostly fun songs, I teach improv comedy to corporations for a living, and I have even put a flying kite in one of my lyrics:
"I'm rising in the air just like a kite. I'm rolling down the road and feeling right."​

He talks about his polyamorous status. Shared about making his very first music video recently. Made a funny about his real name that made me smile. Shared the lyrics to the song in the video. And he had a nice closing.

All a big win-win type of message.

I decided to unclick the "don't let straight people see me" button. This might have been a mistake...

"Do you like kinkiness?"

Gee. Now /there's/ a conversation starter. ><

He starts off with:
What a relief to read your profile! Fun and funny, full of delight in the world and in words, and open to non-traditional relationships.​
Then progresses into a bit about him that he then relates back to something I mention in my profile.
I am a singer-songwriter of mostly fun songs, I teach improv comedy to corporations for a living, and I have even put a flying kite in one of my lyrics:
"I'm rising in the air just like a kite. I'm rolling down the road and feeling right."
He talks about his polyamorous status. Shared about making his very first music video recently. Made a funny about his real name that made me smile. Shared the lyrics to the song in the video. And he had a nice closing.

All a big win-win type of message.
That particular bit... haha. If that's what you're into though. =P I find it so difficult to really find lyrics that actually mean anything more than being filler. I'd prefer purposeful nonsense in the likes of many Sigur Ros songs. Or just using the voice as an instrument in itself. But not at all like beatboxing either. =P

That particular bit... haha. If that's what you're into though. =P I find it so difficult to really find lyrics that actually mean anything more than being filler. I'd prefer purposeful nonsense in the likes of many Sigur Ros songs. Or just using the voice as an instrument in itself. But not at all like beatboxing either. =P

You have a good point, but the lyrics were original (I think), so that was a window into his creativity. I just thought he did a good job with a first message. That being said, he's not my cup of tea and it didn't pay off for him this time, but it was a really good message in my book.

Hubby recently sent a message to a woman who bitched consistently through her profile that no one ever messages her - when she deigns to message someone first they never respond AND all the men who look at her are pussies and won't message her (no joke - she actually said she "deigns" to message and that the people who look at her are pussies if they don't message her). She is NOT a fan of open/poly relationships but he messages her anyway saying he took it as a challenge and that he is always up for new friends or penpals since they are diametrically opposed on relationship-stuff. He also asked her why she was so vehemently against poly relationships. Her response:

"Humans don't mate for life, its sad but true. Even if you marry someone and are with them till you die you probably dated or had sex with other people before you met them. The problems I have with Polyamorous/Open relationships are mainly two simple things. One hurt feelings or jealousy. Anyone that says they don't get jealous about their boyfriend/girlfriend being with another person is a lier. I've watched Polyamorous couples before and someone is always unhappy, the others know it but chose to ignore it. If their is two males and one female one male feels left out and not good enough compared to the other male his girl is seeing. If she gets pregnant the male that is not the father thinks "Why didn't she have my baby instead?" Same for one male and multiple females. If one female gets pregnant the other wonders "What is wrong with her, why didn't she get pregnant first?" Two STD's. Nowadays you can't just go around humping anything and everything that will sit still for 3 minutes. I know what you're going to say "Not if you use a condom!" Right? Wrong! I have no idea why people treat condoms like they are some magic protector. All condoms are is a tiny layer of plastic made from a porous material. Since you're a man I'm going to guess you like or even love your penis and it is very important to you. Why the hell would you trust a tiny layer of porous plastic to protect it from whatever hell might be hiding in your partners body? I personally am very choosy about who I date and who I have sex with for this reason. My overall health is more important to me than any lust or man getting off. You will probably have a good laugh at this letter I'm sure. As you laugh I wonder have you ever seen someone suffer from one of the more horrifying STD's of our time? Like AIDS or HPV? I have and it is not a joke. Now I know men don't suffer HPV but women do. You know what happens when they do get it? It causes cancer or pre cancerous cells to grow on their genitals. The only way to remove them is to have them cut or lasered off. Imagine having a doctor cut or laser off parts of your penis off. Such a lovely thing to imagine right? Even though men don't show physical sighs of having HPV they carry it. So say you are in a poly relationship with two women and they both get HPV from you and than you get to watch them suffer or die from it knowing you gave it to them both. Or you are in a open relationship and you become infected with something and have no idea how many people you have infected along the way or who gave it to you. I respect myself and other people too much to risk getting something or passing something along to someone. STD's are natures way of saying stop having sex with everyone. If we were meant to have more than one mate at a time then would have been given more than one penis and one vagina. Now you can read this and laugh and think I'm stupid or full of shit. I don't care but at the end of the day I can sleep soundly knowing that I am safe and not hurting anyone. "

Guess what? He's not gonna respond. Apparently the lack of paragraph breaks isn't what did it for him, though, although that was enough for me to complain when he asked me to read the message.

I get a lot of one word messages (hey, hi, 'sup, etc). Those get deleted. I have gotten a few that are actually very nice to read. They have spent more than a minute on my profile, read what I wrote (and yes, it's a bloody book, haha), and ask me questions about things in my profile.

I've gotten a few nasty things (one elder Christian man in Florida damning me for being a Poly Witch, haha), but it's generally nice. I've made a few friends and pen pals, which is cool.

I started down the road with someone who showed great possibility as a LTR partner, only to have him belittle my marriage and accuse me of trying to rope him into something he never signed up for. Then proceeded to demand to know why I never listen to him and refuse to just be monogamous (with him, not my husband). Good Bye! Jerkoff :p

Just recently started talking with a man who is in a poly relationship, is the same faith and also as artsy as I am. He and G have much in common, and his female partner is interested in us as well. Still new, but he has a much better grasp on what we are both looking for (both have OKC profiles, clearly stating what we want and who each other is). Seems like a nice person so far.

Most annoying is how (on another site), I get messages from local ladies who are interested...but they never say anything! I mean, a Hey or Ur Hot isn't going to get anywhere with me. I think I should delete that profile.

Oh, and the guys wanting details about being Bi ~ "Is it because daddy touched you? Did he? How was it?"

*rollseyes*

My favorite was one who messaged in the middle of the day on a weekday telling me (us) 'I'm an attorney and I don't have to be in court until later today, you want to meet up for some fun?' First, I work normal hours so no, I don't, second, our summary states that we aren't looking for casual sex. After a while when he didn't receive a response he sends another one saying 'I see you checked my profile, I'll take that as a good sign'. He was promptly blocked by hubby. I would have left him be to see how hard he tried....but I get amused by those. :D

We had another that sent 'How about a single male?' Our 'Looking for' section indicates single bi female or couple and at the time specifically said no single males.

Our most promising so far ended up being really good friends with our last couple so it was agreed that we shouldn't meet since it could be really awkward. :(

Back