Poly Vignettes: Sharing Success & Happiness

Behind the scenes

Redpepper and I are doing great and seem to be in a state of extended NRE, for lack of a better word. Whatever it is, it is a reminder of just how much I love my Lilo. :)

Polynerdist and I have been e-mailing and talking about strategies to meet all of our needs in a mutually beneficial way. Yet again, we are working together to overcome a hurdle in our journey. We are all committed to the health of our family and doing our best to support each other as individuals.

Derbylicious is also doing a great job of supporting us and giving Redpepper what she needs to make this easier. We'll get there. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Gearing up for a great weekend of camping with lots of cool people. :)

We've got our tribe going. Redpepper's brother, lots of poly peeps, some incredible mono folks and everything in between! Since joining this forum we have met people from New York, Alaska, the mainland of BC, small BC islands and people in our own backyards. Hence, Derbylicious and Redpepper. ;)

Who knows who will we meet in the coming years? :D

Peace and love,
Mono

Hey, we're on page 69, dude. Hmm, how to celebrate? ;)

69 dude being from Bill and Ted. Not talking about any dude in particular. I just realized how wrong that sounded after I posted it!

Last edited:
Hey, we're on page 69, dude. Hmm, how to celebrate? ;)

69 dude being from Bill and Ted. Not talking about any dude in particular. I just realized how wrong that sounded after I posted it!

Redpepper is going to kick your ass for that "offer." (It was an offer, right? Just admit it.) :p

Stop trying to get me in trouble! You were the kid in class that always made it look like someone else did it, weren't you? :D

Stop trying to get me into trouble! You were the kid in class that always made it look like someone else did it, weren't you? :D

Oh, you want to be in trouble?

Ok, I'm projecting. I'm Catholic and need to be punished for something! Must think of a reason. :rolleyes:

Sweet, sweet punishment. Err, I mean, no, no, please don't. ;)

I went to Catholic school for 13 years. I think maybe some of that good Catholic guilt might have rubbed off on me too. hehehe

Why do I end up with the guilty Catholics all the time? You two aren't the first.

Told my bro that he would be camping with a bunch of poly peeps from all walks of life. Tranny girls and all. I told him that he would be getting picked up off the ferry by my girlfriend and our friend is also coming from this forum. I gave it all, but *bah* he can take it. He's my younger brother, and he knows I am different.

Looking forward to good friends and large badminton games. (We have a lot of rackets.)

More success, I suppose. I decided to message one of my closest friends since 2005 on Facebook and 'officially come out' as poly to him. He's known about my oddly-formed relationships in the past. Just didn't know they were intentional. ;) But to my surprise, in asking how his love life had been before dropping the bomb, he told me he actually has 2 boyfriends, and they know of each other. I hadn't had the chance to talk to him since I've been in Germany. That made it a lot easier to tell him though. :D

To my surprise, in asking how his love life has been before dropping the bomb, he told me he actually had 2 boyfriends and they know of each other. I hadn't had the chance to talk to him since I've been in Germany. That made it a lot easier to tell him though. :D

Good to hear, Raze! Those are the kind of surprise reactions more of us need. :D

My wife and I were at a dinner party the other night with some other poly peeps in the area. I found myself out on the patio, listening to my wife discussing her gf with a mutual friend in the kitchen...and I marveled.

I thought back to some of the rockier parts of our journey, times when I was very keen on a non-monogamous lifestyle, and my wife really wasn't...in no small part due to my enthusiasm. There were times I wondered if she'd stay on the journey with me.
And now I was watching her and thinking 'my how things change'. She was talking about her romantic relationship, which has nothing to do with me, and I saw her glow. I'm not always good at reading people, but I'm pretty well attuned to my wife. Have been for a long time. No matter what words she was saying, I could read between the lines of every gesture, the tone of her voice, twitch of her smile...she loves her gf...genuinely cares about her deeply. And she cares for her metamores. I watched her standing there talking and I think it was the first time I saw her as a polyamorous woman. She speaks it, looks it, ....and loves as one.
She gets all shiny whenever she talks about her gf. She makes things for her, gets her little gifts, texts her frequently...basks in the NRE as much as she tries not to. And I love it. I love her for it.

So much for the afterglow...time to go pack for Seattle.

My wife and I were at a dinner party the other night with some other poly peeps in the area. I found myself out on the patio, listening to my wife discussing her gf with a mutual friend in the kitchen...and I marveled.

I thought back to some of the rockier parts of our journey, times when I was very keen on a non-monogamous lifestyle, and my wife really wasn't...in no small part due to my enthusiasm. There were times I wondered if she'd stay on the journey with me.
And now I was watching her and thinking 'my how things change'. She was talking about her romantic relationship, which has nothing to do with me, and I saw her glow. I'm not always good at reading people, but I'm pretty well attuned to my wife. Have been for a long time. No matter what words she was saying, I could read between the lines of every gesture, the tone of her voice, twitch of her smile...she loves her gf...genuinely cares about her deeply. And she cares for her metamores. I watched her standing there talking and I think it was the first time I saw her as a polyamorous woman. She speaks it, looks it, ....and loves as one.
She gets all shiny whenever she talks about her gf. She makes things for her, gets her little gifts, texts her frequently...basks in the NRE as much as she tries not to. And I love it. I love her for it.

*tear* *sniff* So lovely. :) She's a lucky woman, that girlfriend.

Wow. :)

Back