Responsibility of Thirds......

I had to let out a not so funny giggle because before I read that you pulled out the books, C was texting me about dinner. I wanted to just scrounge something up at home because I didn't want what he wanted and so he said he would make me something. I said no thanks and he replied, "You're not letting me do something to show I care." To which I replied, " I don't need you to make me food to feel loved by you and you would know that if you would read that freaking book. lol" I get home, dinner is made and the book is next to his pillow. Let's see if he actually cracks it open, eh? :p

Just a quick note about reading the 10 books that LR has bought, read and giving to one or the other of us to read. Between working 10-12 hours a day trying to get through the 5-20 emails that LR sends ( about relationships, Poly, ect..) Making dinner, spending time with the kids before bed and then putting them to bed ( reading a night time story to the youngest), sneaking a shower in at some point, and running errands ( LR cant do them during the day because our mini van is in the shop ) Its pretty hard to get time to read a book.

But I try...

Peace and Love
Maca

M,
You are a bit too sensitive tonight for replying on the board. ;)
I think you need to head to bed and get a BJ to help you relax.
:eek: :D

Sooooooo... He got through a chapter! He actually thanked me for it and got really excited when he saw the survey in the back. It was cute and made me feel oh so special. :D

Don't feel too bad, Mono. My night was far from relaxed. I'm thinking it might be that way for a while.:(

I know Maca wasn't in the best of moods last night, but I have to agree with him a bit on the topic of books. Lord knows I love to read, but it's sometimes difficult to read entusiastically when, dispite the knowledge available in those books and possibility the my problems might disappear after I read and apply, it's more a chore and there's pressure. And when there is pressure, with me anyway, and I think with Maca too, there's really no desire to read them. And they accumulate very quickly.

I do TRY to fit in time to read the help books, but often I'm TRYING to fit in reading ANYTHING. I have a whole bookcase of books I want to get through, and there's very limited time to do so. Especially when we're working on our relationships.

I SHOULD be more interested in books (or things) that help me in my growth and overcoming my issues. But really, the interest in reading those books that help me is very minimal. I don't know how to get excited about that. I do love to learn, but I don't get excited at getting a new text book, unless it's a literature book. =o)

This is something I do tussle with within myself. But usually when I have to force something, it's even less likely that I'll be interested in it, or desire it.

Another thing is, as much as I enjoy reading in general, it makes me sleepy. If the day has been mellow and I'm not tired from working, I can read for a couple hours- once in a while. But usually I end up only reading for less than 30 minutes at a time. And that's when there IS time to do so.

I hope RP is reading this...I feel so un-relaxed:eek:

Mon! You naughty man!!
Maca is struggling to figure out that as he ages his body really can't handle the work he gives it-like working ALL DAY having not eaten breakfast or lunch and combined with medication he needs to take it causes headaches and what not.
Anyway-hOPEFULLY that sweet moment downstairs and the following conversation will help motivate him to put a bit more effort into eating well and blah blah blah!

YOU on the other hand have NO excuses!! :eek:
giggle giggle....

GG I don't read either. I have dyslexia and it is a huge effort to sit with a book. On line, on my phone, works best for me. I get Mono to read the forums for me sometimes because I just can't read them without huge brain translation. Its like trying to read in another language that I don't know well enough.

I get Nerdist to tell me the details of the books he reads and we talk at length about philosophies and theories. I love that! Its why I love being on here too. Maybe this would work for all of you?

As for "the five love languages"... That is a book that is very quick and easy to read. Even if you just do the quizz at the back and read to results you will be in the know. This could also be something you could do together. To me, anything read is together time. I know you and LR spend time hanging out. Maybe adding to that time some chat about the books she loves would be an idea. It takes sometime to get going, but it really is helpful to me. Maybe it would be to all you?

Sooooooo... He got through a chapter! He actually thanked me for it and got really excited when he saw the survey in the back. It was cute and made me feel oh so special. :D

AWESOME!
That is awesome Ilove2men!

Keep us posted on how it goes!

I had a nice relaxing evening myself. :eek: :)

Good for you Ariakas! So did Maca. I wasn't quite so relaxed, but I certainly felt accomplished.
It's amazing what you can do when you can't push, pull, reach, stretch, tense.......
Takes some freaking imagination though!

Back