Weight loss support

No, you take the hcg and follow a strict low calorie diet. It works by making your body use abnormal fat stores for energy. So you aren't losing the good fat your body needs. I average .5 lb per day losses. Followed by a 3 week stabilization phase that resets your body weight so you don't just have gain back.

This diet works really well for me because I like very structured diets. I went from a size 20 to a 10.

Yes, I found a site and read about it. Whether injections or pills, it seems that the HCG is meant to accompany a VLC diet of 500 calories per day. A few years ago, I participated in a research study for weight loss and did a liquid diet of 900 calories per day, and was informed that diets of 800 or 900 calories per day are the lowest a person can go without a doctor's supervision. Taking in less than that would require hospitalization and monitoring. So, are you guys doing the HCG with that few calories, with a doctor's supervision?

No, I don't do Dr supervision. Of course I would never only consume 500 cals or less without the hcg, that would just be a starvation diet. I know there is weight loss clinics here that do hcg but the person I know that went to one told me they charged her $200 to get a physical then they sent her on her way with her hcg. Nothing in the way of supervision.

Reviving this thread because I need to get serious about losing weight again. Who else here has that as a goal and wants to check-in and support each other with that?

Count me in. I've got 20 more pounds to go before I rest and they are kicking my ass.

I started lifting weights in January. I've noticed more changes to my body doing that than I have in the last 5 years of roller derby. I haven't really changed what I've been eating but I'm down 10ish pounds and probably look like I've lost closer to 15-20.

Hey nycindie,

Congrats on getting serious. My knees were so grateful to me when I did!

I did the hcg diet a few years ago, and found it amazing. I chose to do it under a doc's supervision because a) I have multiple physical issues and challenges, b) I needed the leverage on myself for the cost, and c) I know myself, and I needed someone to call when things are weird. And losing that much weight that fast, no matter how it's done, things get weird. :)

I used the homeopathic version, and I bought a 'kit' from a naturopath and he followed me beginning to end (with measurements of weight, blood, etc), and his office staff was unendingly supportive. The kit included ketone test strips, vitamin and mineral supplements, detailed directions, etc.

The thing I loved the most about that, was one of the snack supplements. It was a veggie drink and it was chocolate flavored. I KNOW that sounds horrible, and I was horrified when they told me about it. But I am a complete chocoholic and it made me not feel completely deprived of my chocolate fix. It was really surprisingly delicious.

I am getting ready to do another round, and I think I'll do it a little differently this time. And likely without supervision, since I'm more familiar with it.

For me, the de-tox was the worst. I think I had a monster headache/bodyache for about 3 days, from the sugar and caffeine withdrawal. The list of foods one can eat for the 500 calories is pretty small, and extremely clean. It's basically clean meat and veggies, and I had half an apple for breakfast. When I do it again, I think I'll go 600 or 700 calories and just have a slower weight loss. I lost about a pound a day for twenty days. I got very cranky and ended it at 22 days, they say that's the minimum. I read the paper by the doc who 'invented' the diet (after) and he did say that if you're especially uncomfortable you should stop.

I turned some friends on to it, and not only did they lose a bunch of weight, but he ended up starting a catering business. Doing the diet brought out in him endless creativity at making the limited choices taste good and have variety; he then realized he loved that a lot, and is now a happy and successful caterer.

I have gained 22 pounds extra after starting on my meds. I try to lose some of that weight through yoga and weights, and am considering joining a gym for more varied work-outs.

I try to eat five meals a day, and watch out for portion size.

6ft, down to 185 lbs, aiming to put on around 15 lbs of muscle (if not more) and get rid of that stubborn last 10 lbs of fat, love handles ect.
. . . .. . really that last 10 lbs are damned near impossible to get rid of, I keep plateauing at 180 and cant seem to get that last bit off.

Diet is comprised of the three F's (flesh fat fiber) with low carb intake.

running 5km a day, decent 5/3/1 workouts, lots of squats, probably going to try testosterone boosters. (few friends of mine swear by them, but research research research first.)

HGC . . . I'll just leave this over here

http://hcgdietinfo.com/Dr-ATW-Simeons-Pounds-and-Inches.htm

Original manuscript. food for thought for anyone trying this diet.

personally I would never encourage anyone to do this diet, the science behind it in the original script is so lite its almost akin to voodoo . . . . and anything Kevin Trudeau gets behind has to be complete conspiracy theory fantasy and psudo-science bullshit, or maybe just his new miracle thing of the week. Not an author who's endorsement I find credible in any case . . . . . but thats me.

I'd assume if you consume only 500 cal. a day, you are going to drop weight simply because your body doesn't want to drop dead, smacks of metabolic shutdown and insulin problems down the road in my mind actually, but not having tried the diet, cant say for sure.
:confused:
Anyone have any observations about after coming off the HGC diet when you return to normal eating habits? changes? body responses?

Hmm, how did that HCG thing work out?

I started a diet on Sept 29 of this year and have lost about 18 lbs and gone down a size (or two) in pants. You can't trust women's clothing sizes! I am all over the map. I am back to wearing some of my smaller pants and shirts, let's just say that.

I'd lost 40 lbs when I was deciding to separate from my ex back in '08. Then I met miss pixi (who was a heavy smoker) and started smoking (it was a stressful time, divorce, and a mentally ill suicidal daughter).

Kept the weight down pretty well for a while, then it gradually started creeping up. miss p loves to cook for me, and really loves to add that butter to her sauces.

Then I quit smoking Sept 15 2012. Ended up gaining all the weight back again, +10 lbs.:( I was just too comfy with my life and my lovers.

But now I am motivated all over again, and am approximately halfway to my former lower weight. I've cut out sweet dessert type foods, bags of chips, eating less fat and sugar and sodium all around. Smaller portions of food, more salads, one glass of wine or beer a night instead of 2 or 3. I have increased my walking to 1/2 hr a day, and increased my pace too.

My knees were really hurting and they completely stopped hurting after I lost 15 lbs! That feels so great.

Funny thing is, miss p is enjoying my weight loss. Ginger liked me big and seemed almost disappointed I was losing... but I told him, don't worry! I am still an armful and will be even after I reach my goal. I do not plan to get skinny.

The best thing I ever did to facilitate weight loss was dropping dairy out of my diet.
Not the easiest by any means.
But definitely the best.

I've been off hcg since Sept. Been maintaining my weight. Started 23/7 tight lacing with a corset and lost 2 inches off my waist. I'm starting another short round here to start out the new year and will continue eating 100% raw vegan for the entire year of 2014. I'm fairly comfortable with my body now but could stand to lose another 40 lbs.

Here is my before and after 2 months of corset wearing

2013-12-22_13-28-31-1_zpsbfaf8d18.jpg

We've always been heavy (so much good food) but we've made peace with our sizes a long time ago. These days we work at being healthy and feeling good, the ladies keep after me to take my meds so I have a good quality of life now and when I joke that I'm going to live to 125 :p

30 pounds, bitchezz! Want to lose 35 more, and I will! There is no reason to stop there, because I will still be overweight, it may seem arbitrary, but I've been looking at this website and I like the look of women at that weight.

My Body Gallery: plug in a height and a weight and a body shape, and hit search, and get photos women submit of themselves at that size. It's kinda fun.

http://www.mybodygallery.com/

Thanks!

Back