New to the forum

Polysomething

Hi all, just a quick blurb about me. I’m in a what I believe is termed a parallel poly relationship. My boyfriend and I have been dating almost 6 years. His other gf and him have dated almost two years. Neither I nor his other gf have other partners. None of us live together at this point.
I’m just here to read up on other experiences and perhaps ask for a little advice. :)

Greetings Polysomething,
Welcome to our forum. Please feel free to lurk, browse, etc.

Feel free to ask any questions, we will gladly offer any advice you need. Check out our Poly Relationships Corner and Life stories and blogs boards, they will tell you of other people's experiences and, will let you ask for a little advice. Keep on reading and posting, we are a nutty but friendly group! ;)

It sounds like you are in a V situation, your boyfriend is the hinge. You would be one leg of the V, his girlfriend would be the other leg. If the two legs have zero contact with each other, that is parallel poly. If all three people often get together and hang out, that is kitchen table poly. http://kimchicuddles.com/image/116304001735 Hopefully that makes sense!

Sincerely,
Kevin T., "official greeter" :)

Notes:

There's a *lot* of good info in Golden Nuggets. Have a look!

Please read through the guidelines if you haven't already.

Note: You needn't read every reply to your posts, especially if someone posts in a disagreeable way. Given the size and scope of the site it's hard not to run into the occasional disagreeable person. Please contact the mods if you do (or if you see any spam), and you can block the person if you want.

If you have any questions about the board itself, please private-message a mod and they'll do their best to help.

Welcome aboard!

Hi there

Hi Polysomething.
I am also in a parallel relationship. My husband has a girlfriend that I don't have a relationship with. I struggle with this situation, I hope that you and I both find some help to manage these rough waters.

Good luck!
Trex

Hi Polysomething - and welcome to the Forum! We will look forward to hearing more of your story as it unfolds. We do have a number of experienced poly folks here who are generally helpful and friendly so please do not hesitate to post any specific thoughts and questions that you may have.

Here's a link to a handy collection of quality poly websites that you might find helpful: http://www.polyamory.com/forum/showthread.php?t=108191

Best of luck on our journey!

Al

Back