Husband Update!

IrisAwakened

Just an update. My husband has been trying to avoid the poly talk (subconsciously, I think). I keep cornering him and gently bringing it up. I talked with him last night (for a while), but it helped that I voiced my concerns that I thought he was avoiding it. Also that it wasn't going away, that I was going to be poly either way, and I would rather he had some sort of say in the parameters. After a few hypotheticals, I asked him to choose some person for our life to have a threesome with. He really liked that hypothetical, and I think it opened his mind a little for his opportunities.

Today, after trying to read some Mono help resources, he basically said he didn't need that stuff because he didn't think he would stay mono. If I am poly, he wants to be too! I told him that was great news and might make things easier on him. Awesome!

I know we are in no way out of the woods, or anything close but I can see a glimmer of hope for us and our poly adventure!

. After a few hypotheticals, I asked him to choose some person for our life to have a threesome with. He really liked that hypothetical, and I think it opened his mind a little for his opportunities.

I am glad the idea of a FMF 3way sparked his interest in poly, b/c he sees "whats in it for him." But, a word of caution. Finding a hot bi babe for a couple to "share" rarely works. Do a tag search here on unicorns to see how often these arrangements crash and burn. Usually the girl you attempt to share forms a deeper emotional/sexual connection with one or the other of the couple, and then all hell breaks loose. It seems in theory for a way for a couple to stay connected and to share things, to avoid jealousy, but it usually backfires because the other woman has needs and preferences of her own, which are unpredictable.

Today, after trying to read some Mono help resources, he basically said he didn't need that stuff because he didn't think he would stay mono. If I am poly, he wants to be too! I told him that was great news and might make things easier on him. Awesome!

I know we are in no way out of the woods, or anything close but I can see a glimmer of hope for us and our poly adventure!

Good progress!

Thanks for the tip! Yeah I am not sure if that would ever happen, but the idea that he is considering it is immense. Also, I told him, "If you can find a girl to have a threesome with, and shes not a B##, I am in" My thought is that this will be a near impossible thing to find. I am not sure that we would even be looking for anything serious at this point in time. It is completely up to him. But he is cool with me "dating" in a friendly, no touching way. So that is what I am doing. If a Unicorn falls into our lap (no pun intended), that would be awesome, but I am def not holding my breath!

So wait, you'll have sex with any woman who's not a bitch? Would you have sex with any man who's not an asshole? I mean, I don't wanna nitpick your choices, but it's kinda weird that your preferences wouldn't come into play when it comes to someone you'd be going to bed with...

Also, why would a chick who's not a bitch and is interested in a threesome be a near impossible thing to find? A unicorn is a hard thing to find... a woman who is unattached and wants to be exclusive with a couple and is healthy and sane and has realistic expectations especially... but a lovely lady for a threesome? If you don't live somewhere utterly isolated, they're out there.

Back