What you listening to Now :

With my commute and my job, I've become a huge consumer of podcasts. Like, massive!

Musically, however, been listening to a bit of Aussie hip-hop lately, a bit of dubstep and electronica, and oddly a bit of bluegrass. Actually, I throw together a monthly music mix over at mudrideradio.tumblr.com if anyone wants to check it out.

At this very moment I am listening to Solar Fields. It is still on from my morning yoga session. :)

Right now I'm listening to the latest Nerdist podcast. Yeah, not musical (though they do reference that whole Gangam Style thing going on now), but still very enjoyable.

At this very moment I am listening to Solar Fields. It is still on from my morning yoga session. :)
I JUST got into that. Was searching for some good new Ambient stuff, and came across that guy... and wow. Although Ambient is a generally minimal style, that guy puts some serious complexity into his stuff. XD I think one song I'm particularly in love with right now, has to be Sol. - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNiD9M59FQE

I JUST got into that. Was searching for some good new Ambient stuff, and came across that guy... and wow. Although Ambient is a generally minimal style, that guy puts some serious complexity into his stuff. XD I think one song I'm particularly in love with right now, has to be Sol. - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNiD9M59FQE
Movements (the album with Sol) is the one I put on every morning when I do my yoga. Das Bungalow is one of my favorites right now. For some reason it always makes me grin.

Movements (the album with Sol) is the one I put on every morning when I do my yoga. Das Bungalow is one of my favorites right now. For some reason it always makes me grin.
Yes. I have Movements and Until We Meet The Sky. They're actually a fair bit different from each other, but still on the same level. I love them both. =] If you haven't already, you might enjoy checking out some Amethystium and Jean Baudin's album, Solace. They're both very different to Solar Fields, but both still heavily influenced by Ambient. I'd also recommend checking out a guy called Bjørn Lynne. He does a lot of different styles of Electronic music [and even a bit of Rock influenced stuff]. But I really love his Ambient and Trance. =]

I'm listening to my compilation of MP3s: "the best". Right now it's Sinéad Lohan's "Out Of The Woods", and now it's just changed to Dusty Springfield's "Son Of A Preacher Man".

p.s. Can we get up a petition asking them to release Lohan's recorded-but-never-released 3rd album?

Yes. I have Movements and Until We Meet The Sky. They're actually a fair bit different from each other, but still on the same level. I love them both. =] If you haven't already, you might enjoy checking out some Amethystium and Jean Baudin's album, Solace. They're both very different to Solar Fields, but both still heavily influenced by Ambient. I'd also recommend checking out a guy called Bjørn Lynne. He does a lot of different styles of Electronic music [and even a bit of Rock influenced stuff]. But I really love his Ambient and Trance. =]

I will hopefully be able to remember this once I get my computer back up and running with an internet connection. I'm in the middle of a move right now, so everything is a bit crazy at the moment.

I will hopefully be able to remember this once I get my computer back up and running with an internet connection. I'm in the middle of a move right now, so everything is a bit crazy at the moment.
Well it is always up here to read. =] I'm mostly into my Metal, so don't have a vast knowledge of Electronic artists. But those are definitely some of my favs from Ambient.

Have you ever looked into Infected Mushroom? They're not ambient or metal. They're classified as psychedelic trance. I used to be pretty into rock/metal, but now I've wandered into that kind of music for a few years now.

What am I listening to right now?

I'm bouncing between the audiobook for Wyrd Sisters and The Circle in the Square by Flobots.

Have you ever looked into Infected Mushroom? They're not ambient or metal. They're classified as psychedelic trance. I used to be pretty into rock/metal, but now I've wandered into that kind of music for a few years now.
Yes. One of my favourite bands, in fact. =] Wasn't so keen on the very newest album. Found myself zoning out of it easily. But everything up to that point, was pretty cool. If you're into more Electronic styles, I'd have a look at London Elektricity. They call themselves "Liquid Funk", which is a mish-mash of Funk, Jazz, Trance, Ambient, Drum n Bass... and a whole list of other things. =P I really enjoy the newest album "Yikes!", but haven't been able to find much of their other stuff, other than on youtube.

I had never heard of Infected Mushroom until my cousin showed me some WoW videos with their music in it. I'm not sure if I'd have gotten into those tunes if I didn't associate both of them with beating Illidan (the top boss in one of the WoW expansions), but I don't think I'll ever forget them now, heh :). Here are the videos I saw:
Cities of the Future

Mush Mushi

I got to see Infected Mushroom live when they came to my town. It was one of the coolest most enjoyable concerts I have been to (minus the 2 hours of warm up electronic music before they got on). I was pogoing non-stop front row and got to shake thier hands afterwards. The guitarist they had walked straight to me and complemented my jumping :D. It was a very sore and hoarse next day...

Listening to alot of Cake recently. Open Book now.

I'm envious. I've seen them live twice and I was disappointed both times. I had resigned myself to feeling like maybe they were just a good studio band. Maybe I can try again sometime.

My complaint was that they always seem to try to be a rock band when they are on stage instead of playing their really good synth stuff (which is my favorite stuff that they do) and they only play their songs that have vocals. Also the first time we saw them they were the headliner and were only on stage for 45 minutes while their opener (ATB) was there for like an hour and a half. I felt cheated.

Yeah I would have loved it if they played some of thier older stuff, but I really liked Vicious Delicious and they played alot of it :D

The house opener played loud obnoxious pulsing basslines and wierd atonal leads for about an hour. That made me sad.

Back