Misc Sub-forum

NeonKaos

Custodian
Would the admins make a sub-forum for "Miscellaneous Interests" such as hobbies, travel, pets, books, movies, etc. or whatever daily-life thing people would like to post about? I'm thinking it might help folks connect in a way that would focus on things other than JUST poly-amory... that is after all how it works in real life. You don't build relationships based on the fact that you want a relationship... you build them based on common interests and mutual inclinations.

Other forums that I belong to have a "Misc" section. I have looked over this one and every sub-category seems directly related to poly, but it is exactly other parts of life and variety thereof that impels one to consider poly in the first place.

For example, I would prob'ly share about cat-things, camping, cooking, music and books that I like, and my other interests even though it doesn't directly have to do with integrating poly into my love-life. These are still the things that make us who we are and that is what relationships are supposed to be about.

Now I suppose I'd better post something there, since I suggested it and you responded favorably so quickly! I will do so tomorrow, as I have become somewhat squiffy in the interim.

Thank you so much~!

Ah! Cool. I like that word. Probably would never use it myself as I don't drink, but I would definitely use it on friends. :D Thanks!

What a great suggestion! (And I like "squiffy" too.)

Good for you not posting while feeling sqiuffy! Not a great idea. In my early facebook days I did that once! Haha! Not a pretty sight when the dust settled. Got way to honest about my life and found myself having to talk to some relatives about it.

Great idea Ygirl! it will be nice to get to know people in different ways than just poly. Looking forward to what comes up!

I just wish I was allowed to get squiffy at this point! Give me about 6-9 months and I'll post when squiffy. Then I defy you to make sense of it. :p

Squiffy..I like that. I prefer Random. Im a very Random Person.

Translates to Squiffed??? LOL

Great idea. New here but been in and out of the Poly sites pretty much from inception of it on the net.....oooops...showing my age. Anyway, I avoid a lot of chats specifically because it is only about ones story. Now I am not saying that isn't part of getting to know someone.....but after the fifth or sixth time if you don't know something your pretty much brain dead and in need of a plug pull. I stopped here so I could get to know about people rather than "we are three two _ and one_ and two dogs named _ and _".......sorry. Anyhoos HI!! will stop back soon and hopefully get to know some people. Hozho!

Back