New to the forum, not quite as new to poly

AlwaysGrowing

Hey, everyone! I am new here and thought I'd introduce myself before jumping right in. :)

I am A. I am happily married (we've been together for 8 years, married for about 2 1/2). I have a wonderful girlfriend (brand new - we've only known each other about 2 months, been dating most of that, made it "official" a few days ago). I also have a man that I've been seeing here and there for a bit and another friend who is borderline romantic. I'm feeling pretty saturated at the moment, but at least the two men are fairly fluid and I'm not entirely sure where things are going there so that should be interesting!

I am from the Portland, OR area, and try to attend poly events regularly. I think I've always been poly, but made the connection a few years ago with a few successes and failures happening since. Luckily, my husband is amazing and agreed to explore with me. We have a history of swinging, so non-monogamy in general was not a complete shocker.

Friends call me a poly geek since I have done my fair share of reading, watching, and obsessing over it. I'm okay with that.

Now that I've written a novel... Looking forward to getting to know you all!

Hello A
Very glad to meet you. I am Marvin - I cannot say that I have always been poly but can say that I am glad that I am now!! I truthfully wouldn't trade my relationship with S & R for anything they are wonderful ladies that mean the world to me.
I look forward to hearing about you and your story in the future

M

Greetings A,
Welcome to our forum.

It's great that you've been so diligently involved in your local (and not-so-local) poly communities. I've been trying to be involved myself in poly forums and groups since early in 2008. It has been very interesting to hear other people's perspectives and experiences, and my conversations with people have helped me get some of my own "poly problems" sorted out.

I hope you'll enjoy your time on Polyamory.com; we have many cool threads to read, and I imagine you'll want to start a few of your own. Lots of good people to rub shoulders with here.

Glad you could join us. Hopefully I'll see you around (It's a busy place!).

Regards,
Kevin T.

Thanks so much for the welcomes! It sure is a busy place, and I am suddenly afraid I won't be able to contribute too much since there are already so many people giving such wonderful advice.

Hopefully my personal experiences are at least borderline interesting, if nothing else. :)

They'll be at least as interesting as mine, ;).

Hi, A!

Welcome to the forum. I do hope that you contribute. We always welcome advice from everyone. Personally, I appreciate the different POV. I hope you enjoy your time here and that you take away something form the many discussions and threads!

Ry

Back