Another newbie!

Legatia

Hello everyone!

I've been reading about polyamory for a while, but I'm new to it. I am a 26 years old canadian stay at home mom of two young kids, partnered with a wonderful man! We just decided to open our relationship after talking about it for over two years, but we decided to take it slooooow, because we really don't want to jump into it head first and damage our relationship by going too fast. So we're open, but won't be actively looking, at least not for now. My partner might be mono, actually, but we're both open to new relationships, and we'll see how it goes!

I've been poly at heart since I was in my mid teens, but I thought something was wrong with me and shut it down. My ex even told me he was fine with it when I brought it up, but I was so convinced that it was wrong that I freaked out. Missed a great opportunity, there!

So that's it for now! I already love the forum, I hope I'll have great discussions with you all! :p

I'll add that my partner got more comfortable with the idea of polyamory when he met a triad at his work. The three of them have been together for over 40 years and are the happiest people he ever met! It convinced him that it CAN work in the long term :)

Hello Legatia,
Welcome to our forum.

Sounds like you have had to confront some conditioning as you found your way to poly. It is rewarding but not easy; you need your communication to be in tip-top shape! Glad to hear your partner discovered a long-term triad, I'm sure that will help.

Glad to have you onboard,
Sincerely,
Kevin T.

Back