The "How Are You Doing" Thread (redux)

I`m doing fine, thanks for asking.

The bigger question I have on my mind though, is how did the dildo hold up ?

I was watching a show last night, where the guys on it found a potato-shooter. ( spud gun)

Had me thinking; ' Shooting dildos would work better.'

....which led my thoughts back to the dildo plumbing.

Feeling pretty fucking stupid right now.

Van wouldn't start. My pretty, brand new van that I just borrowed an obscene (to me) amount of money to buy. Because I had to borrow said money, there's no money to fix my pretty new van with.

Sent my commuter lady off to work with some money (I keep spare gas money in my van, just in case) so she could get to work.

Hubby then investigated.

Apparently I have a chipped key. And the extra keys I had made are fairly useless. My van won't run if the chipped key is not used. YAY for security!!

However, buying a new key is "not a priority right now" and that leaves me feeling less than ok because I lose my keys with alarming frequency. And it gets commented on with alarming frequency. So I'm feeling stupid right now, because not only did I NOT know my van rocked with an anti-theft device, I now have the only key that will make my van run on MY key ring - and I lose that frequently.

So yah. A free day off. NO kids. And hubby and I are snarking at each other already. Yay fun.

Apparently I have a chipped key. And the extra keys I had made are fairly useless. My van won't run if the chipped key is not used. YAY for security!!

Most cars nowadays have those special "chipped keys"... I would HIGHLY suggest getting one extra made ASAP. Call around to different dealerships as the price for "programing" can vary significantly. It is my understanding that once you have 2 programed keys, you can program any extras yourself (takes like 10 seconds - for which the dealer will charge $150), the key itself is fairly inexpensive. I'm in the same spot, where we lost our second key and haven't had the money to get it replaced. Remotes are super simple to program and ebay is a good place to get those.

Most cars nowadays have those special "chipped keys"... I would HIGHLY suggest getting one extra made ASAP. Call around to different dealerships as the price for "programing" can vary significantly. It is my understanding that once you have 2 programed keys, you can program any extras yourself (takes like 10 seconds - for which the dealer will charge $150), the key itself is fairly inexpensive.

My wife's car is like that. Once we get the engine harness replaced, and we can afford the $150 for the second key, we're planning on making a few spares ourselves. Check your owner's manual for directions on how to do it.

As for how I'm doing? Tired. Found out that the work big wigs are coming to our location a day early, so I had to squeeze 6+ hours of work into my 4 hour shift. Good news is, though, I kicked ass and took names, and hopefully will get some recognition for the store looking nice and neat. Downside is that I kicked so much butt, and that we're over on hours, so I have an unplanned day off tomorrow. I could use the hours, but that'll let me enjoy tonight fully.

My wife's car is like that. Once we get the engine harness replaced, and we can afford the $150 for the second key, we're planning on making a few spares ourselves. Check your owner's manual for directions on how to do it.

As for how I'm doing? Tired. Found out that the work big wigs are coming to our location a day early, so I had to squeeze 6+ hours of work into my 4 hour shift. Good news is, though, I kicked ass and took names, and hopefully will get some recognition for the store looking nice and neat. Downside is that I kicked so much butt, and that we're over on hours, so I have an unplanned day off tomorrow. I could use the hours, but that'll let me enjoy tonight fully.

I'm sorry that your hours got cut, but not sorry that we got to enjoy tonight. ;) The first few days back to work with all 8 kids AND physical therapy kicked my butt this week. I promise to lavish you with attention this weekend.... I love showing off my sexy husband at weddings and family gatherings. You're a great catch.

Busy busy with instructing a course at work. Things are going pretty well despite the disruption the flood has caused. All things are moving along :)

Today is an awesome day... beautiful sunshine out, have new fabric to make jammies with and its in the washer for pre-shrinking... going to pick blackberries, go to the library and hang out with my oldest kid for a bit before he heads home.

Nothing exciting on the poly side of life right now. I'm starting to wonder if I'm more monogamous. Had a chance to fulfill a fantasy and turned it down... it didn't feel "right" so I didn't go there.

I wanted to though. *sigh*

Apparently I'm learning to listen to my intuition.... :p

Feeling a mix of disappointment and determination.

Went back to Jenny Craig today and met with my counselor there, whom I haven't seen in a few months. I didn't go there for a long time because I was broke, but now I'm realizing it actually saves me money to buy their food (and most of it's really tasty and good!), so what was I thinking? Anyway, I weighed in and was very disappointed to learn that I gained back 15 lbs over the summer. I have my week's supply now, have to go and buy some fruit and yogurt, and get back on track.

Back on track with my eating, back on track with school, back on track with money, back on track with my love life. It's all about starting over for me!!! I need for find a way to stay excited and not get discouraged.

Feeling a bit off.

I can`t really describe it. Happy with those close to me, but sick of people`s shit, elsewhere. *shrug* It happens.

Back on track with my eating, back on track with school, back on track with money, back on track with my love life. It's all about starting over for me!!! I need for find a way to stay excited and not get discouraged.

You can really feel the positive energy in this post! Keep your pretty chin up and trust that people are wishing the best for you. Good to hear!

After a major breakdown last night, realized I should start following my own advice. Made a conscious decision to work on not being a doormat. Finally realized that I was making sacrifices that no one asked me to make and was making my family just as miserable as I was. Thank goodness for friends who ask the tough questions...and pay enough attention to catch me through my false cheerfulness. (I was trying to fake it till I made it...I guess it wasn't working lol) Felt better all day, even knowing I have a lot of hard work to do. ^.^

Feeling like I let my whole family down, and the worst part is that I was told I failed my test on purpose. I am such a retarded person for even attempting to be a massage therapist.

Feeling like I let my whole family down, and the worst part is that I was told I failed my test on purpose.

He was an insensitive ass!

I am such a retarded person for even attempting to be a massage therapist.

NO your not! Those tests are can be tricky, you are not the first to have to take it more than once and won't be the last. Better luck on the next one!

Feeling like I let my whole family down, and the worst part is that I was told I failed my test on purpose. I am such a retarded person for even attempting to be a massage therapist.
Anatomy, physiology, and kinesiology are hard subjects, and I'm sure the test included questions about business ethics and such. LT, use this as a learning experience. Are you able to get the results so you can find out where your weak areas are? If so, review it and study again. See if you can find more study materials that can help you, meet with other massage students for a study group, and see if a working therapist will mentor you. Everyone learns differently and responds to the pressure of test-taking differently. Take your time until you feel confident in all areas before re-taking the test.

Feeling a bit lost, but not entirely in a bad way?

Am taking a bit of a "sacred pause" as Tara Brach calls it in Radical self-acceptance.

Have been letting go of actions and behaviors I use as shields to try to protect myself, and am just sitting a bit in the uncomfortableness, feeling the feelings and existing for a while. Not trying to fix anything, not trying to be a better person. Just being me.

It's odd. And scary. And freeing. Did I mention odd?

Is it possible that I can just be me without thinking about everything and still have people care about me? Interesting thoughts...

Feeling pretty good, not in a ton of pain, had some special time with my wife, now chatting away with the girlfriend. The weather is nice, got dinner figured out, so I don't have to go back out(I have anxiety/agorophobia so getting out is a big deal) Just taking life as it comes.

Back