JayT is me, ...

Yes, I am also pulling for you, and interested in your story. Stay strong; do your best in spite of the naysayers!

I have popped in and out over the time since I first joined here. I am about ready to go back to dating married women, ... (shaking my head) adore lesbians, but damn,... I am thinking get some therapy and learn to tell the truth. ;)

We have a nice piece of land and have rented a portion in the past, had a few difficulties, but over all a good experience. Thinking of seeking a couple with whom she and I could have a good connection (not sure where to place the ad). I have discovered that I get super goofy / head over heels, for pregnant women. (heart patters...lol)

I am repeatedly told I am too honest, Don't know what to do with that...
don't know how to not be that way...

I want very much to be around people who value honesty.

Re:
"Not sure where to place the ad."

The Dating & Friendships subforum, for starters. In addition I can suggest a few poly-friendly dating sites if you're interested.

Therapy is good, everyone can use some good therapy.

Interested in more of your story and don't know if you've started a blog here, let me know if you have.

Regards,
Kevin T.

Dating sites:

Sites for finding local poly groups in your area:

And note:

"As for where to meet poly people, if by some chance you are interested in anything alternative like Renaissance fairs, goth culture, sci-fi conventions, indie music, bdsm, or any small fringe group, you will be more likely to meet people who have at least heard of poly and are accepting of it."
-- SpaceHippieGeek, Polyamorous Percolations

Even if it's not an "alternative" type group, if there's a club or something in your area that does something you're interested in, you can always join that group and it just gives you a way to get out there and meet people. If you meet someone on a platonic level and get to talking about poly, then they can decide how they feel about it without any "pressure to agree." Then if they do decide poly doesn't bother them too much, and some kind of romantic connection subsequently develops, you'll already have "had the poly conversation" with them.

The dating sites, though (listed above), would be the places to place your ad.

Simplified complexity

Simplified complexity?

Hmmm, what does that mean? Well, it is about the easiest way to explain my life. I believe, I was born transgendered, I have clear memories of believing I was biologically male until, I was about 8 years old. Then my mother told me I was not a boy- I had returned home from school, stripped off my shirt as I walked through the house... and apparently shocked her visiting guest.

The conversation, was short.... "you are not a boy you are a girl, you are going to gown boobs you have to wear a shirt..." ... my childhood memories end with those words.

I was a male gendered, female bodied, person born into a matriarchal family. The message I got was that to be male was substandard, to behave as a tomboy was fine, ... but the real power in life was held by the female sex.

I was taught to behave as a female, one who could wield sexual prowess with talent and skill. (I was an accomplished belly dancer, before I reached puberty.)

I hated myself through out most of my life. I became suicidal by the age of 8, just a short time after I was told that I was a girl. (I remember mixing household chemicals and standing there breathing the fumes)

I started seeing psychiatrist in childhood. I don't remember most of my life, what I can recall is chopped into snapshots... and sound bites... out of order and intermixed. Some where along the way I was diagnosed with different mental heath issues, each one to be disposed of as my behavior showed the symptoms to be improperly matched, until one finally one stuck... dissociative identity disorder.... that is the proper term ... although most people will recognize the term 'multiple personality disorder'... like Sybil... or in the modern media forum The United States of Tara... from ShowTime TV.

Let me take a moment to make it clear, I do not have 'evil twin syndrome' and I do not mean -chronic pelvic pain- that showed up in a web search I did. I mean the type this quote matches, "Anyone who has watched more than seventeen minutes of television is familiar with the evil twin plot device..."

So, what does all of this have to do with being poly? I am dissociative, to me the alternate awareness's of who I am as a whole.... are separate people.

Other people who are around me/us long enough state they can tell 'us' apart... (which makes me smile, because we can't always tell each other apart)

Jay, (me) posting here .. is male, Butch lesbian, FtM transgender (not transsexual)... not attracted to men or masculine energy ... most of the others are female, cis-gendered, straight... (at least one is openly bisexual, but is herself content with monogamy) ... so where is the 'plot twist' -meant as a tacky pun- My spouse is male, he has been given grief without end, and continually harassed with questions of "What IF"... he had been told so many times, if I have a girlfriend then he should get one too... (he does not want the hassle) ... the fact lost on most narrow minded people who do not understand what they have already been told.... is that he already has multiple female partners all built into one body... (I will try to quickly count on my fingers how many) .. I think there may be as many as ten, recognizable different female alters, who are a available to him at any given time ... which he states -to anyone- he can tell the difference between... and we are not talking 'moods' I am meaning totally separate, psychologically identifiable, personality profiles all in one body which have the effect of 'feeling' like different women to him, he says the inside/vaginal responses are different, taste and sent, as well as over all responsiveness /ie what they like -do not like- voice, desire, etc the whole package .... and then there is me (Jay)... and just a few other male id'ed alters. Most, well all but one, have integrated..

The pain of such an arrangement.... all of 'their' sexual involvements/activities, do nothing to meet my needs and desires... I do not get to feel any of it... except a horrified cringe at the bits of awareness.. wherein I know I do not have a separate body of my own. I was much happier when I did not know, we are not separate people.

So, I know and understand the intricacies of sharing.... far beyond what most people will ever understand.

Sounds like you (Jay) could use a girlfriend. I am assuming you don't have one yet.

People will always give you grief for being different and/or straying from the beaten path. Sorry your identity was not respected as a child.

chuckles... you are so right I do need a girlfriend ... and I am still available and thank you for the kind words...

No prob; good luck/love and keep us posted.

Back