Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Introductions

Notices

Old 09-12-2017, 09:42 PM

Default Polycurious in Michigan

Hello, my wife and I have recently started realizing our non-vanilla aspects. We are both into many forms of kink including BDSM, and also a heavy curiosity in polyamory. Right now we are mostly looking for resources and information to help us decide if we truly are poly, although we both are nearly certain we are, we just want to make absolutely certain before bringing others into our relationship. Any links, references, anecdotes, etc. are more than welcome, as are any friends.
Old 09-13-2017, 01:59 AM

There is a test on allthetests.com called Am I Poly, all you have to do is Google am i poly, hope that helps! Also, don't be surprised when it gives you something like a 70%, because many of the questions are 'who wrote ____' but pay attention to the names of the books/articles those questions talk about, because they might be something worth looking up.
Old 09-13-2017, 08:05 AM

Thank you for the reply. The quiz at allthetests.com seemed a little, well, not good. It also didn't mention authors, so I didn't think it was the one you meant. There is one called "How polyamory so are you?" That DID ask about authors, so maybe that is the one you were thinking of? I got a 78% on that one and am sure the score was low due to the author questions. Thanks again!

Last edited by Strongbad456; 09-13-2017 at 08:05 AM. Reason: Misspelled word.
Old 09-14-2017, 01:12 AM

Yes, I just checked it out, that is the one that I meant.
Old 09-14-2017, 03:31 PM

Default Welcome!

To our Forum!
Enjoy
Old 09-14-2017, 07:04 PM

Thank you! I have been enjoying it so far!
Old 09-15-2017, 11:35 PM
Official Greeter

Greetings Strongbad456,
Welcome to our forum. Please feel free to lurk, browse, etc.

I looked at your other thread, and responded there briefly. Basically, we have a board for keeping journals, and a board for seeking answers and advice as well. Just have a look around, and see what calls to you.

Sincerely,
Kevin T., "official greeter"

Notes:

There's a *lot* of good info in Golden Nuggets. Have a look!

Please read through the guidelines if you haven't already.

Note: You needn't read every reply to your posts, especially if someone posts in a disagreeable way. Given the size and scope of the site it's hard not to run into the occasional disagreeable person. Please contact the mods if you do (or if you see any spam), and you can block the person if you want.

If you have any questions about the board itself, please private-message a mod and they'll do their best to help.

Welcome aboard!
Old 09-16-2017, 03:40 PM

Hi Strongbad - welcome to the Forum! Good luck on your new explorations. Al
Bouncingbetty: ldr girlfriend to Al99, poly, pansexual female, early 30's
Ben: Becky's medium-ldr bf, heterosexual male, 40's

My Introductory Post - An Unexpected Introduction to Poly.
Old 09-17-2017, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strongbad456 View Post
Hello, my wife and I have recently started realizing our non-vanilla aspects. We are both into many forms of kink including BDSM, and also a heavy curiosity in polyamory. Right now we are mostly looking for resources and information to help us decide if we truly are poly, although we both are nearly certain we are, we just want to make absolutely certain before bringing others into our relationship. Any links, references, anecdotes, etc. are more than welcome, as are any friends.
Hello, and welcome to the forum! If your username is a Homestar Runner reference then you have given me a little geek-gasm >squee<.

You will find many links to resources and info on this forum - check out the Golden Nuggets link in Kevin's post.

My first response to your post is to suggest that you re-frame the concept of "bringing others into our relationship". This phrase often raises poly hackles. YOU have a relationship with your wife, and she has a relationship with YOU. You may each have a relationship with another person or people but that is NOT the same as " including them" in your relationship with your wife - other relationships may affect your relationship with your wife but a relationship is how you "relate" to another person. (Analogy: I have a "parental" relationship with each of my parents - but my Daughter-Mother relationship with my mom is separate from my Daughter-Father relationship with my dad).

I can't tell from your post whether you are contemplating adding a "third" to your relationship (vs. dating people separately). If you are, then someone will definitely direct you to So, Someone Called You a Unicorn Hunter - so I will go ahead and get that out of the way.
SLeW: platonic hetero girlfriend and BFF
MrClean: hetero mono male, almost lover-friend to me, ex-FWBs to SLeW, friends with MrS
+ "others" = FBs, FWBs, lover-friends, platonic G/BFs, boytoys, etc.

My poly blogs here:
The Journey of JaneQSmythe
The Notebook of JaneQSmythe