For anyone suffering or struggling today!

idealist

For anyone who is suffering and struggling, I would like to share a passage out of the book I'm reading (Radical Honesty). It's a very simple idea and perhaps seems too simple for some. I've observed people who are suffering a great deal and seem to enjoy the drama of their own suffering. But, for anyone who is ready to move into a more balanced and healthy lifestyle, this is (IMO) the important first basic step.

"Many of the people who go to therapists or physicians seeking relief are tired. They are tired from having worked out their lives in such a way that they get worn out instead of recharged by living. When someone like this takes responsibility for exercise, nutrition, and rest, a number of their "psychological" problems disappear. The human body has a wonderful capacity to restore itself if it is given a break from abuse and a chance to rest."

Brad Blanton, Ph.D., has been a psychotherapist in private practice in Washington D.C. for over thirty years. He is the author of the best-selling Radical Honesty series, and CEO of Radical Honesty Enterprises.

thanks for posting....
explains a lot actually in my life...
problem is, sumtimes the psychological "problems" or "obstacles" or whatever can be so tireing it translated to physical side too.. like with depression. you know?

but aside from that, wow...needed to read that tho, thanks. it is very encouraging

Back