New partner/Old partner dynamics

brieautiful

I've been in a relationship with my partner for a year now. While he has seen a few other people while we have been together there has not been a consistant other. Now for a bit over a month they have been seeing someone else. We have begun having problems and I have realized that my issues with the relationship are based on the different dynamics between our relationship. Since seeing their new partner, my partner has severely decreased their affection toward me, has begun taking things out on me, and has begun to see me less and them more. I understand the dynamic that happens when someone begins a new relationship and its fun and exciting, but now this is making me feel like the old partner who is not longer those things. It is bringing up insecurities that were not there before. I have attempted to talk to my partner but they do not seem to want to acknowledge their actions. I don't know what to do.

NRE is not an excuse for shitty behaviour. I hate that it is used as such. NRE can be controlled while still enjoying that rush.

All you can do is communicate with them. If they don't see it.. and you can't put up with the shitt behaviour, then there really aren't a lot of options.

Back