Weddings = Poly Challenge

IrisAwakened

My boyfriend is going to one of his friend's wedding today. They invited me ("Hey are we finally going to meet your girl?") but he didn't, because he assumed that it would be too public, as I am married with kids and the possible FB photos that could follow. I understand, but I wish it had been my decision to make. Especially as he only gave me permission to come a few hours before hand, so there was no chance that I could go. Perhaps he just didn't want me there with all of my complications?

It also makes me seriously consider coming out to whomever, mostly my husband's family. My close friends know, but none of my husbands contacts know. He doesn't mind them finding out, just doesn't want to be the one to tell them.

I am just home, wishing I could have met his friends. I have met some of them and his parents too, I just wanted to share an experience like that with him. Ah, weddings, the absolute poly challenge. Anyone else have some similar experiences to share?

Nothing terribly similar, but I have been feeling the urge to stop being so careful all of the time. I am starting not to care who knows about my other relationship (I also am married with a kid.)

I actually think I sort of scandalized one of my landlords at my birthday party by kissing my partner while we danced. My husband was nearby and obviously fine with it. Now the landlord barely looks at or speaks to me when I see him :rolleyes: I wasn't trying to be provocative, but I'm not going to hide the way I feel about one of the most important people in my life!

Haha, oh man that is awesome! I never even think about the affection I am giving either partner when we are all out together. I am open in front of our neighbors, I wonder what they think! My husband doesn't have another partner right now, so I feel like I am the one that looks like the slut :p

I love being open with my bf in public though. He is mono, for now, so I would feel horrible denying him normal relationship trappings, like PDA and such. I would have loved to go to the wedding with him, but I thought he just didn't want to have to explain the ring to those who don't know about me. I guess he was trying to be respectful toward me and my husband, but still. As long as he doesn't feel too shortchanged by going to a wedding solo. Man, I would have loved to be there with him though. He has never seen me all dolled up!

Well, grrlfren, I think you need to get all dolled up for your next date.!

Iris, my landlord is from another country and is pretty conservative in some ways - though his wife isn't - so until now, I've always been pretty careful around them. Heh. Not much I can do about it now, I guess! It's funny to me to think how nervous I was at the beginning of our relationship...now, it just seems completely normal to me to be affectionate with my partner when I see him ;)

Back