Hello, from Florida!

Linaeve

Hello!

My name is Linaeve. That's not my real name, but it's one I enjoy being called. :D

I am a twenty-three year old mother of a three year old little girl. I am happily married to a stable, loving, understanding, honest, trustworthy, and generally stubborn husband. We are not currently poly, but we are open. In fact, until a few hours ago, I had never heard of polyamorous relationships.

Due to thinking we were odd (and being quite frowned upon by friends we thought were okay to tell), we've kept our husband's friend-with-benefits at bay. Everyone seems okay with that for now, but I'm pretty giddy that I found out we are not odd in the least and that poly is actually pretty normal!

I don't know if he is developing feelings for his FWB, because he gets a little embarrassed that I ask such questions. He's still trying to cope with being allowed (and having his wife be happy about it, to boot!) to have this friend, and apparently she feels the same way. I'm not about to try to force, push, or pry; I feel, with enough time, he'll realize he's quite happy and we can make it work. He did hint, once, that he wouldn't mind two women in the house as long as we wouldn't kill each other, or him, lol!

I'm very poly-minded. I'm happy with our relationship, and I know we can love others and still love each other. I'm bi, and I miss having the company of a girlfriend; it is hard to find any woman willing to be FWB (or full on long term relationship!) with a married woman with a young child.

I tend to be terrible at introductions, so I apologize if I didn't quite explain myself/my situation well enough. Please, ask me questions; I am an open book, and I will respond honestly! :D

It is a pleasure to meet you all.

Linaeve

Florida has quite an active poly community. I hang out with the PolyTampa crowd-- but haven't made it to the Orlando Poly meetings.

I know Meetup.com is one way to connect with others. During the meetings I love hearing others' stories. How they came out to their family, why they don't come out to their family, how they met their OSO (other significant other), etc.

You're not odd... I've got a theory that a lot of people are poly... they just don't know the name. Focus on what works for you.

I'm in a triad...we live together. In fact, as I sit here, he's on the computer chuckling, and she's curled up in the Papa-san chair clicking... We enjoy the quiet mornings together.

Back