Hello, New couple in Bay Area CA

CJWeb96

Hello, we are C (42)and J(40) from the bay area in California. We have been married for 17 years and together for about 20. New to here as well as to Poly. We met a great couple that were Poly and had a brief but amazing relationship with them. Unfortunately it didn't work out. We both loved the feeling it gave us, how it grew our own relationship and have decided to try again. We would like to find another couple ideally. She (J) has a long distance boyfriend that we both have been friends with for a long time. We have both read Opening Up and I am currently reading Ethical Slut. Really we would like to find meet with some other poly couple and singles in our area for at least friendship and some great conversation (lots of questions).

Hello C and J. Welcome to Polyamory.com. Please scan the User Guidelines before posting.

We expect that each account represent but a single person. We understand that couples may wish to embark on a poly journey as a unit and thus want to share an account. That can make for some awkward discussions as the person posting under a username changes from post to post. We have some accounts that have been used by a couple--and those folks may continue to use those accounts as long as they make it clear which person is posting--though we want all accounts to be used by a single person.

I hope you gain much useful information about practicing polyamory here!

Greetings C and J,
Welcome to our forum. Please feel free to lurk, browse, etc.

Hope we'll be able to answer some of your questions here; I'm usually pretty good about staying on top of the intro board, so if you post anything in this thread, I'll definitely respond. But have a look around on our various boards and see what interests you.

You might want to look around and see what local poly groups might be in your area; that's another good way of meeting some new friends and finding out what some of the answers to your questions are. If you google "San Jose polyamory," "bay area polyamory," and/or "San Francisco polyamory," I bet some local poly groups will turn up.

Good luck in your search and I hope that in due time you'll find the special couple that's right for you. Will J still retain her current long-distance boyfriend at that time? Just curious.

Regards,
Kevin T., "official greeter" :)

Notes:

There's a *lot* of good info in Golden Nuggets. Have a look!

Please read through the guidelines if you haven't already.

Note: You needn't read every reply to your posts, especially if someone posts in a disagreeable way. Given the size and scope of the site it's hard not to run into the occasional disagreeable person. Please contact the mods if you do (or if you see any spam), and you can block the person if you want.

If you have any questions about the board itself, please private-message a mod and they'll do their best to help.

Welcome aboard!

Back