Shirt Woot! takes on Polyamory by Mistake?

Pretzels

So, I think the premise of this Shirt Woot Derby was a little flawed...Three's a Crowd? Boo!

But, I think the winning shirt overcame that (especially when you look at some of the other contenders), and, yeah, I ordered.

75ae94bd-cdd2-4152-90f7-f5e390b6e976.png

Ha! Hubs showed me this a few days ago and asked if I wanted one. :D

(regretfully declined, don't need to give the neighbors any clues :eek:)

See...you need to move next to stranger neighbors than you seemingly have. We unwittingly did that and there can be no finger pointing from their side of the road to ours. ;)

I agree with one of the comments: it would be even better with Daisy on the other side. But I do like it a lot. Might buy it.

I don't see this supporting poly at all.

I see Mario turning a blind eye and dismissing the possibility of something going on. I see Luigi and the Princess sneaking and hiding their relationship from Mario.

I see Mario turning a blind eye and dismissing the possibility of something going on. I see Luigi and the Princess sneaking and hiding their relationship from Mario.

While I'm pretty sure that's what's implied, this way of holding hands seems poly to me. They're holding hands around Mario's waist, there is no way he's unaware of it. Practically, that is.

Yes, with the theme, the title, the description, etc, it's obvious the design is meant to be able Luigi and Peach going behind Mario's back, figuratively as well as literally. But I can see interpreting it in a different way too.

While I'm pretty sure that's what's implied, this way of holding hands seems poly to me. They're holding hands around Mario's waist, there is no way he's unaware of it. Practically, that is.

Without going too deep into Woot! Shirt psychology here, a good number of the other designs had the idea of actively pushing away a third person/entity/wookie/etc. I liked that this shirt won because it was inclusive and actually showed a gesture that I've done before with T and E. And, yes, T knows my arm is behind his back to hold E's hand.

I'll agree to disagree. It doesn't seem poly to me at all, because if I were in the situation, I would put myself in the middle so that I could have more equal contact with both people. Leaning into one and just barely holding hands with the other wouldn't seem as fulfilling to me. The large space between Mario and Luigi also doesn't seem inclusive; it seems like a barrier.

Well, I think it can also be interpreted differently. Secret relationship. Secret from whom?
If you think of it as Mario, Luigi and Peach facing the kingdom, and having to hide that they're a vee, the way they're standing and the way Luigi and Peach are holding hands make sense. Hidden, not from Mario, but with Mario's help, from everyone else's judging eyes.

I think that's something a lot of poly people can relate with.

^^^That's more or less how I saw it. Consensual, hidden with a side of smirk on the side.

Then again, it's only a T-shirt.

The characters are from the Mario games. Mario, his brother Luigi, and Peach Toadstool, the Princess who gets kidnapped and you have to rescue (in a bunch of the games).

Woot is a website, and I had heard of it but not much, I'm not sure how well know it is. Shirt.woot seems to be their shirt section, where they sell shirts. And apparently they have contests every so often and the winner gets their design on a shirt, but I don't think all of their shirts are from contests (could be wrong about that).

Woot is pretty darn popular. They offer one deal a day across their spectrum of sites - Woot, T-Shirt Woot, Wine Woot and a bunch of others.

Shirt Woot puts one shirt up for sale each day as well as runs a themed derby. The derby shirts on Shirt Woot are submissions for which people vote. Usually, the top three vote getters get made into shirts, but, for the three's a crowd derby, they only made the top two. :mad:

Back