Myers Briggs and polyamory.

OK so since the INFJ's have hijacked this thread can I ask my fellow INFJ's a question: Do you also find yourself constantly analysing the people around you, the deeper meaning and dynamics of what they do and say, sometimes to the extent that it drives you and the poor people you analyse crazy, and is there an off-button somewhere? Especially since at some point in poly one is supposed to just let go...?

I spend quite a little bit of brain power trying to determine what makes (various) people tick, but usually not to the point of straining myself; it's more like a hobby. Sometimes I come up with nuggets that I can't really use, but I love adding them to my collection. :)

I am an INFJ. I think my boys 's types are similar ones, but different from mine. It would be odd if only one type of personality could do long term polyamory. But it does help to have curiosity and courage.

I do analyze the people around me a lot, to constantly better my interaction with them. It usually works, too.

Re:
"It would be odd if only one type of personality could do long term polyamory."

My INFJ glue holds my V together. :)

Do you think people that practice polyamorous lifestyles successfully (i.e. within the "definition" of the full-consent, etc. and to the benefit of the relationship as a whole) Have common personality traits? Do you think some personality traits can handle this type of relationship better than others?

I am an INFP.... Which makes me fairly sensitive, I think.

I do think it has bearing. I'm INFJ, but the 'J' (judging) is at 1%, super tiny margin from being INFP.

Last edited:
Back