A young 'un (hello!)

ste

Hello there..

Sooo where to start.

I'm not sure of the exact terms you might use to describe our situation, and I want to try avoid labelling them precisely anyway, but I'm with a girl who's a few years younger than me, and have been together for a couple of years.

Primarily cos she's young, I told her about the whole poly idea, and we've ended up being together, and if anybody enquires saying that it's either an 'open type relationship' or that I don't mind if she likes someone else.

That saves a whole lot of needless explaining.

There's a couple of drivers behind it - I've found that there's so much more open-ness and honesty in a relationship where it's okay to admit you fancy someone else, or that you kissed someone, or whatever. Most relationships seem to fall apart over stupid, minor jealousy issues.

The other side is that I find the jealousy a big turn on, and it always ends up in amazing sex when she's interested in another guy..

She's been with a few people, but has met a guy she's getting close to just now so it's all become pretty exciting again. Whilst it's not just about the sexual side, the feelings also end up being a turn on through the jealousy of her liking someone else. Probably edging towards cuckold territory, but not in the extremes... anyone else in a similar boat?

:)

wow...

well, I am not in the same boat but your honesty was so cool and so refreshing and so funny that I just had to write to you! Kudos to you! Lol. You really just made my night!:D

There's a couple of drivers behind it - I've found that there's so much more open-ness and honesty in a relationship where it's okay to admit you fancy someone else, or that you kissed someone, or whatever. Most relationships seem to fall apart over stupid, minor jealousy issues.

Totally agree!!!!

Whilst it's not just about the sexual side, the feelings also end up being a turn on through the jealousy of her liking someone else.

So...my inquiry is what happens with the level of this jealousy when your girl decides to solidify her emotions and pursue the permanent relationship with the other guy? I guess my question is can the excitement of the jealousy in this phase pose a problem when the situation graduates to the next phase?

Totally agree!!!!
So...my inquiry is what happens with the level of this jealousy when your girl decides to solidify her emotions and pursue the permanent relationship with the other guy? I guess my question is can the excitement of the jealousy in this phase pose a problem when the situation graduates to the next phase?

I'm sure it could be a problem... but it hasn't been so far anyway. As long as you control your own emotions if they get a bit ahead of itself, like you do with the rest of life, then it's all good.

If anything, I guess excitement disappates after time along with other feelings when things become more routine.

Back