Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Life stories and blogs

Notices

Old 08-07-2020, 01:27 PM

Default NY, VA and NC

It's envy time!!!

I have two friends (NY and NC) whom (who?) I've known for approximately 15 to 20 years. They have been a couple longer than I have known them.

Within the past six months, they have added a third to their relationship, and now consider themselves a triad, or thruple. In my opinion, they did it the right way. NY and VA were friends a few years before NC got involved. Then VA and NC spent some time together, and bonded. They all three discussed being in a triad, and now they are.

(there was a really good document shared on reddit which discussed unicorn hunting, which I took to heart)

I wanted this for myself and DAG. We did talk about it a few times, but other things in life took priority. Then the things with DAG, Fisticuffs and Bruiser took off, which (in my opinion) killed any chance of a triad for us.

I am now glad it didn't happen. With all that is going on with DAG, FC and Bruiser, I do not know where DAG would find the time for a triad/thruple/whatever. Also, now that Geyser and I have reconnected, the same could be said of me.

But I am envious of NY, NC and VA. They managed to pull off (for now) a triad without unicorn hunting. So I know it can be done. I am very happy for them, and I hope it works out.

Again, I am not sure I want it now. From what I envision for myself, I have all the makings for a happy future right in front of me. I just need to develop those relationships which already exist.
Old 08-07-2020, 05:43 PM

Default Hyundai

Not sure where this is going to stop. I eventually wanted to drag Hyundai into this narrative, but the opportunity never really presented itself.

Until now.

DAG texted me earlier today, and let me know Hyundai wants to spend the night tonight with us.

Background: DAG and Hyundai met online, and hit it off fine. Within two or three months, they had sex. DAG kept me in the loop on this one too. I've never considered Hyun a threat. DAG considers them to be a friend with benefits and nothing more. They are nice enough to me, but Hyun can be very possessive towards DAG. However, they do respect our marriage (in the sense they are not trying to break us up), and have not really pursued anything beyond FWB with DAG. For the last year and a half, they haven't interacted in real time that much (maybe a short, non-sexual visit once a month). They do text each other quite a bit though.

So back to tonight. I asked DAG what Hyun wanted. Was it to spend the night under our roof alone, or sex with both of us, or with DAG only? In the past, DAG has informed Hyun we both are interested in a threesome with them. For now, we do not know what Hyun wants. I've asked DAG to keep me posted when he finds out. At this point, I will go with the assumption some type of sex will be involved. Which is worse, me assuming sex won't happen between them and it does, or assume sex will happen between them and it doesn't? I'll go with the former.

I know them having sex together may not be any of my business, but if it is happening under our roof, it kind of is, in my opinion.

I also asked DAG if there is sex between the two of them, please use another bedroom. I am sleeping in my sanctuary tonight. No extramarital sex will be happening in our bedroom, unless I am involved. I would do the same for DAG.

Dear Dog/God/Zod/FSM is a notorious flirt.
Old Yesterday, 01:01 PM

Default This Past Weekend...

Was awesome!

DAG and I use very different languages and skills when it comes to communication. His language very precise (he likes details), and my language is more broad (I like the bigger picture). We do get frustrated with each other in our communications, but I have found that we are more frustrated with ourselves in not getting our point across to the other.

This weekend was no different. However, we got through it very well. We made curtains, and installed them. We also reinstalled a wall of pictures in the family room (some had fallen off the wall). No major heated exchanges. What helped was we took a break from each other by doing separate chores. I did yard work, while he did projects indoors.

It was a very productive weekend, and I feel much better emotionally today. I'm physically tired as fuck though, but that's why coffee was invented.

Here was the icing on the cake for me: When we went to bed last night, I told him how much I appreciated him being with me the entire weekend. I told him how much I enjoyed his company and that I love him.

He could have taken off to see FistiCuffs and Bruiser, but he didn't. Granted, there were projects which needed to be done before company comes in a few weeks, but again, he could have taken a break and hung out with either (or both) of them.

I realize he has a choice with whom he spends his time. Deciding to spend it with me makes me feel good. This past weekend means a lot to me, as a lot of our weekends are marred by misunderstandings and arguing. I know to others, this doesn't sound like an ideal situation. It's not to me either, but I take pleasure in the times we spend together as compatible companions, not argumentative assholes. To be fair, the heated discussions are happening less and less as we get more familiar with each other. Storming and norming, maybe?

Anyway, a feel-good post!
Old Yesterday, 01:30 PM

Default In A Few Weeks...

We will have guests at our house for an event in the city close to us. DAG and I will not participate, but we will bend over backwards to make our guests feel comfortable.

I look forward to seeing the out-of-towners, as I have not seen them in several months. Good people who are good company.

DAG and I will be cooking dinner after the event, because our friends will be tired, thirsty and hungry. I do not feel comfortable with them scrounging for food on their own. I plan for a veritable feast!

Anyway, DAG has invited FistiCuffs and Bruiser to this dinner.

I am fine with it.

While I loathe using others as a crutch to get through certain situations, I plan to use the other guests as such. This is the part that rankles me. I shouldn't have to do that. But I guess that's what friends are for? I do not intend to tell them what I am up to regarding this. I want it to happen naturally. Broadway and GA are great people, and can hold a conversation well enough. We have some things in common and I'll be able to make deeper connections with them in the process.

I thought about inviting Geyser, in the hopes of really evening things out, but their sister's immune system is compromised, so I'm not about to put them in a tough situation. I informed Geyser of this, and they are greatly appreciative. It feels great to not feel selfish in that way. A past version of me would have been pissed about it. While I wish they could be there, I am comforted by the fact that I can see them anytime after the dinner.

As to Bruiser and FC. Bruiser (and to some extent FC) does not like small talk. They like to be engaged in conversations which lead to getting to know a person better. Politics, the state of the world, music and food are their topics of choice. I know this from personal experience.

They will get none of that from me. They'll need to get used to talking about the weather, the dogs choice of treats, lawn care, and my adventures with DAG on decorating the house.

I did tell them back in January they would be welcome in our house, but not anything about how I would interact with them. Fuck them. (damn, I'm an asshole).

I feel good about this approach. DAG has every right to invite Bruiser and FC and for the sake of his happiness, I hope they show up (is that compersion?). But that's all I hope for them.

Last edited by Ostrich; Yesterday at 01:34 PM.