Successful Quads?

I know most the posts in this thread are at least 3 years old but am keen to read some peoples blogs about the success/failure of life as quads. We have been living in the same house in a quad situation for just over a year now an other people in the same situation are very hard to find!

I know most the posts in this thread are at least 3 years old but am keen to read some peoples blogs about the success/failure of life as quads. We have been living in the same house in a quad situation for just over a year now an other people in the same situation are very hard to find!

I am curious if there is still anyone here watching this thread. My wife and I are in a very successful poly quad with another married couple who were our best friends prior. We have been together as a quad for nearly 6 years now and have worked through various issues and hurdles and now things are absolutely wonderful for all 4 of us. We do not live together yet but dream of it one day. We live very close together so when the opportunity presents itself (one high school child still at home) we manage an overnight together. Otherwise we spend all of our weekends together and additional time most weeks as well.

Have more to share if the OP is still around.

I am curious if there is still anyone here watching this thread. My wife and I are in a very successful poly quad with another married couple who were our best friends prior. We have been together as a quad for nearly 6 years now and have worked through various issues and hurdles and now things are absolutely wonderful for all 4 of us. We do not live together yet but dream of it one day. We live very close together so when the opportunity presents itself (one high school child still at home) we manage an overnight together. Otherwise we spend all of our weekends together and additional time most weeks as well.

Have more to share if the OP is still around.

I don't know if the OP is still around, but I'm sure there are plenty of people around who would love to hear your stories. :)

I haven't seen lemondrop in a long time around here. But, talked to her frequently about a year and half ago....

I don't know if the OP is still around, but I'm sure there are plenty of people around who would love to hear your stories. :)

My introduction and more details are in the introductions folder.

http://www.polyamory.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25742

We did not seek out a poly relationship but fell into it through mutual attraction. We feel extremely blessed as each of us is deeply in love with 2 spouses. No one is going along to appease the others. I don't know how rare such a relationship is as we have no experience with poly outside of our own blended marriage...but we certainly feel as if what we have is very special.

Count me in as another person in a quad relationship who would love to find others in a similar situation to be able to talk with. I just posted on your intro thread, Gary.

Count me in as another person in a quad relationship who would love to find others in a similar situation to be able to talk with. I just posted on your intro thread, Gary.

Cool. Posted a question to you over there.

I'm still around, though as you can see I don't check in as often as I might. >.<

My quad has been together for three years and has gone through some changes. While we still consider ourselves family, my other male partner (Sunday) decided he was going to be monogamous (which probably doesn't surprise anyone who read my posts, the writing was probably on the wall).

I'm not sure I qualify as a wildly successful quad. None of us are actively pursuing romance outside of our individual marriages at the moment, as we don't seem to have time, energy, inclination, or all of the above. We live in seperate households, and truth be told, I don't want to move in together. Sometimes we fantasize about a duplex, though.

A bit late to the party on this thread...

I am part of a quad which has been together for almost a years now. It all started as best of friends (neighbors) for several years before we stumbled into this lifestyle completely be accident. Both couples are happily married with children for many years. We have had some ups and downs but we always work it out... it is truly a wonderful thing. Honest and open communication is the secret for us. We hang out with each other all the time, some week nights, weekends, holidays, family events, even events with our individual family and friends.

It's nice to connect with others in the same boat, esp with other people that are new to this lifestyle as well.

Back