Our Poly Story

Sweetheart

Hello everyone!

I am Sweetheart, and I have been living a poly lifestyle since 1994.

I found out about poly from the book "Love Without Limits", which I found in a bookstore and bought without realizing what it was about! Reading it opened my mind to the concept, but I didn't think I would ever actually live that kind of life.

Then in 1994, I made friends with a young woman who lived a poly lifestyle, and it was my 1st exposure to a successful poly situation. I really got to know her, and we ended up becoming best friends. After we had known each other for quite a while, she asked how I would feel if we became lovers. Actually, we had loved each other for a long time by then, so it was pretty natural. Eventually, she moved away, but we stayed in touch and are still best friends.

After that, I stayed involved in the poly community, and made a lot of friends. I have been in several different Vs and triads over the years. I met my wife in 1996 and we have been married since 1998. She has had many lovers, both male and female, and identifies herself as "mostly lesbian". Together, we have been in 2 different triads and the occasional V. Our ideal situation would be a committed long-term triad. She and her last gf just broke up a couple weeks ago.

We hope to make some friends here. We have been involved in poly for what seems like a long time, and occasionally go to poly events such as the Loving More conferences.

Although we are new to the site, we are not new to the poly lifestyle.

Nice to meet all of you!
:)

Last edited:
Thanks. :)

I've been mostly lurking & reading other people's stuff for a while, but I'm still here! It has been interesting getting to know all of you through your posts. I'm starting to think of all of you as one big poly family! :D

Back