Wiring

MonoVCPHG

Honestly, I don't think it has much to do with a "mono mind" reading it versus a "poly mind". I think it just has to do with whether people like to swallow that kind of writing or not. .

I think it has everything to do with wiring. Of course mono minds don't want to swallow open ideas....that is undeniable....we're mono wired...we don't want to open up because we have no need to. "We - don't - want - to". I admit it; it has no appeal to me, no greater sense of learning or mind expanding qualities, no more evolved concept. I don't see it as a world sweeping movement or the next stage of evolution in social dynamics. I merely see it as something that some people want and are capable of.
I see nothing wrong with it. I see only people being themselves.

Some people want to open up thinking they are mono. The mere desire to open up indicates to me that they are mono conditioned and not mono wired.

I also think there's not that much difference between a mono and poly mind.

I agree Ceoli..except in one area, but we both know that LOL!

I find it interesting that a mono person can accept the concept of poly wiring so easily but that so many poly people I know cannot accept mono wiring.

Arguing the point is moot because we can't actually feel what is in each other's minds.

Last edited:
I think it has everything to do with wiring. Of course mono minds don't want to swallow open ideas....that is undeniable....we're mono wired...we don't want to open up because we have no need to. "We - don't - want - to". I admit it; it has no appeal to me, no greater sense of learning or mind expanding qualities, no more evolved concept. I don't see it as a world sweeping movement or the next stage of evolution in social dynamics. I merely see it as something that some people want and are capable of.
I see nothing wrong with it. I see only people being themselves.

Some people want to open up thinking they are mono. The mere desire to open up indicates to me that they are mono conditioned and not mono wired.

Huh? This is sarcastic, right?

I find it interesting that a mono person can accept the concept of poly wiring so easily but that so many poly people I know cannot accept mono wiring.

That's a pretty flawed reasoning. Thankfully most of the people I know don't think that way. But the thing is in this wiring vs. conditioning debate, scientists haven't been able to parcel out where one stops and the other begins, so I suspect it's a combination of both for everyone. But I still don't see how a "mono" mind is going to read a book differently because they're "mono wired". That makes no sense whatsoever.

Arguing the point is mute because we can't actually feel what is in each other's minds.

That doesn't make the point moot. In fact, I may start another thread about it sometime.

Huh? This is sarcastic, right? .

No, Ceoli. Actually it is meant to be honest from the mind of a Mono "wired" person.

That's a pretty flawed reasoning. Thankfully most of the people I know don't think that way. But the thing is in this wiring vs. conditioning debate, scientists haven't been able to parcel out where one stops and the other begins, so I suspect it's a combination of both for everyone. But I still don't see how a "mono" mind is going to read a book differently because they're "mono wired". That makes no sense whatsoever. .

Of course it doesn't to you...you are not mono wired.

What one mind reads as a guide to enable you to realize something, the other mind interprets it as a potential threat. It's really quite simple that two people can interpret the same stimulus differently.

If a punch is thrown at the average person on the street it is usually seen as a pretty threatening thing that elicits a defensive response.

If a punch is thrown at a trained fighter it is viewed as a stimulus that elicits an offensive response.

Same thing..different interpretation of what it means and how to deal with it.

Easy peasy:)

No sarcasm

I meant the flawed reasoning that you were pointing out, not your reasoning. However, be prepared, because I'm about to take your previous post to task.

I know...but it comes from a differently wired mind so I'm ok with it :)

No, Ceoli. Actually it is meant to be honest from the mind of a Mono "wired" person.

Of course it doesn't to you...you are not mono wired.

What one mind reads as a guide to enable you to realize something, the other mind interprets it as a potential threat. It's really quite simple that two people can interpret the same stimulus differently.

If a punch is thrown at the average person on the street it is usually seen as a pretty threatening thing that elicits a defensive response.

If a punch is thrown at a trained fighter it is viewed as a stimulus that elicits an offensive response.

Ok, as a person who works in special needs education and therapy and has a certain amount of knowledge in the area of brain wiring, I have to call bullshit on that. Sorry for the harsh words but there is nothing to suggest that a mono wired mind would see the world as differently as you claim or that something that clearly doesn't make sense only doesn't make sense to me because I'm not mono-wired (which I dispute anyway...I'm not wired either way). Yes, two people can interpret the same stimulus differently but it is a huge and unsupported leap to chalk that difference to being mono wired or poly wired. You can say that it's just how your mono mind sees things, but that would have more to do with flawed reasoning than having a mono mind.

First of all the fighting analogy you use doesn't apply to your claim because a person isn't wired as a fighter. They are trained. So if you're going to use that example, you're essentially arguing against your own "wired" argument.

Second, to chalk such differences of understanding up to wiring is a cop out. It's a way to absolve a person of the responsibility of having to take the effort to stretch and understand broader ways to view things.

Last edited:
I know where this is heading and therefore I'll have to bow out. There's negativity brewing and it will seep into my reality LOL! I surrender Ceoli.

You laid down those parameters of narrow vs. broad right here.

Anyway, I've taken this to a new thread so that rubyfish can continue getting book recommendations.

I know where this is heading and therefore I'll have to bow out. There's negativity brewing and it will seep into my reality LOL! I surrender Ceoli.

I hope you realize that the claims you made planted their own negativity. I would hope you would see that through.

Back