Why do you use the online name that you use?

Mine is one I've used in online dating profiles. I wanted something with good contrasting elements to it. I used variations of "Adventurous Spirit" for a while. Now I have ClassyCaveman and one other similar one that I use but I don't want it to get stolen so I'm not willing to share it here!

I hate usernames with '_69' or something similar on the end. ... With one notable exception: My best friend has alphaone69 which is friggin awesome.

Well, my first name is Dearsey, but most people call me Dee, except for my husband and boyfriend who both call me DD. With the two of them, my husband's girlfriend, a five-year-old, and a 23-day-old, there are suddenly a LOT of people in my life, and sometimes I feel like a bit of a ringleader-- hence: DD and Company.

Mine originated as my handle on a bisexuality forum, and came to be my handle on pretty much every alternative lifestyle forum I join. It was supposed to come from the Esperanto, "kordindino" which means "one who is worthy of a woman's heart" but I made a typo when I was signing up. My friends on the boards took to calling me Kori, so the typo stuck. ;)

I am pagan (Druid/ Norse path) Many years ago I went looking for a spirt guide and a river otter showed it self to me. I love there playful nature and fighting spirt.

I am pagan (Druid/ Norse path) Many years ago I went looking for a spirt guide and a river otter showed it self to me. I love there playful nature and fighting spirt.

I know someone who's real "Given" name is Otter. :)

Mine is a little play on words- like "Your slip ;) is showing" and it has a nice little acronym that I'll keep to myself for now. . . oh and the beginning of "Slip-pery when wet" one of my fav albums! :)

I love the answers. Very creative.

I had a choice of using the one from a Pagan site I frequent or the one from the on-line dating service. I chose the latter where I found a few friends who are poly & that's where I found my present lovers. Lady is in connection to the Goddess & Monterey is a place I know well.

Mr Rusty

Bit silly and not at all poetic, this.
It goes back to when we first set up a computer network in the office. We were a bit bored by the normal computer names so decided to theme them. I guess most people used Star Trek ship names - no? Anyway we went for Anglo/French kids programme 'Magic Roundabout' names, and partly because I'm a mechanical engineer by trade and I was the manager of that group, I got Mr Rusty, who seems to organise all the other MR characters in a vague and inconsistent sort of way. Oh! perhaps they were commenting on my management style too. Anyway I quite liked it and still use it occasionally although most of my net presence is in my own name.

Time for bed! boing g g g g g

In my "real" life - I am a pretty conservative, straight-laced, plain, boring, go-with-the-flow, timid person.

But I love women who are not afraid to be different, strong, out-spoken, individuals - like: Pink, Gwen Stefani, Kat Von D.

In my "sexual" life - I am a little more outgoing, open, forceful - I have a very dirty, kinky side that ONLY my husband knows about. I like to think of "that" side of me as my alter-ego Kat - after Kat Von D. She is one tough, say it like it is, I-don't-care-what-people-think, take control, bitch!

I WISH I was more like that in my "real" life!

As for the Tails - there are a few reasons why I chose this. I think cattails look like dicks AND my kinky side was thinking of a cat o' nine tails - though I have never used one. Might be interesting....

Online name

My real name is a very common name but my parents were trying to spell it in the proper Russian way when I was born and messed it up horribly so it is very um, unique I guess. I googled myself once and it turns out I only need my first name since there's no one else out there online that has it spelled that way. So when I first started reading the forum people kept saying how they didn't want their full name to be used in case someone found out and usually I just use my first name on sites without numbers or modifiers however in the interest of privacy I just took the second half of my name and used it instead of the full deal. Also I have a secret hope that if someone who I know well enough is reading these posts they'll see my name and realize that it's me. I know that's silly but still...weirder things have happened. :D

Interesting!!

I use Idealist because I have really enjoyed working with the Myers Briggs Temperament Indicator in which there are four main Temperaments- Idealist being one of them and that happens to be mine.

If anyone is interested in taking the test, you can go to:

http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/JTypes2.asp

besides the obvious I like the vintage burlesque sound to the name and have also used it as my stage name, which entertained the poeple on the island I lived on since they caught the reference. I can use it in other circles and usually no one catches on.

My tagname

First, I like cats and have two. Also I like birds, and am intrigued by a fantasy of a cat that can fly. Catbirds are pretty. I love mockingbirds but that's too long. :cool:

i used the dazed and lost name because thats how i feel right now. im in a daze because what is happening in my life( read my post-very confused). lost because im not sure which direction i should go. kinda lame but it works for me at this time. have been reading everybody elses names i think that all of you have choosen names based on personality, or feelings. mine is all feeling based.

Because I am a giant nerd! :rolleyes: When I was younger I swore up and down that I was going to be a marine biologist, and I love sharks. So, lamnidae is the family of sharks that contains the great white, mako, etc.

And because I am a giant nerd, here is a link :D :

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lamnidae

Back