Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Poly Relationships Corner

Notices

Old 07-04-2017, 02:18 PM

Right, I agree with you. I was just saying how I interpreted Shaya's use of the word "deviant"; I didn't see it as her saying the OP *is* deviant in any way, just that the OP has probably experienced being *called* deviant by virtue of being bi and poly, and so might be used to doing and considering things "society" would strongly disagree with.
Old 07-04-2017, 02:25 PM

I've had inappropriate crushes before. Both of my daughters got partners in their late teens. I thought their partners were really cute and hot. I enjoyed those feelings from afar. Big line there I didn't cross. Over time, as I got to know those partners, my crushes abated. I've had lots and lots of crushes in my life, mostly because I was in a semi-unfulfilling marriage for a long time. I knew full well crushes come, and then they go, if you don't act on the feelings.

If I were you in this situation, I would pursue the relationship with the man, and enjoy the attraction you have to his daughter, but not act on it. If that is too difficult, I'd step back from both.
Love withers under constraint; its very essence is liberty. It is compatible neither with envy, jealousy or fear. It is there most pure, perfect and unlimited when its votaries live in confidence, equality and unreserve. -- Shelley

Mags (poly, F, 63)
Pixi (poly, F, 41) my partner since January 2009, living together full time 6 years
Master, (mono, M, 37), Pixi's bf since April 2013
Old 07-05-2017, 03:21 AM

I meant acts that society may see as deviating from whatever norm that member of society believes the norm should be.

Tags
bisexual, family, poly