Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Press and media coverage

Notices

Old 02-28-2016, 09:43 AM

Why do you want to interview only polyfidelitous families? My relationships are not poly-fi, we are all free to start new relationships if the opportunity presents itself. However, my family life is very stable and solid within our live-in polycule. Not that I'd be willing to be on TV, just a thought. Why not include any sort of open arrangements in your documentary?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnceAndFuture
My life is kind of boring to be honest.
Mine, too! And if you read the Life Stories and Blogs section on this forum, so is for most of us
Old 02-28-2016, 03:31 PM

I'll chime in here with the others who advocate presenting polyamory in its full diversity, with polyfidelity being but one component and not the whole.

The ideal documentary tv series on polyamory would include polyfidelitous folks as well as others in more open relationships. It would include straight, gay and bisexul groupings. It would be truly diverse.

And true diversity would also reflect the fact that while some poly configurations are groupings where all live together in the same home, others who are just as deeply involved and committed may live in separate homes, nearby. Etc.

The producers, directors, writers, interviewers..., of this documentary should ask themselves whether they seek to create an honest portrait of the poly world or just another filtered and distorted bit of tv entertainment.

I think all of us here would rather see poly presented accurately and honestly.

Tags
family, poly and children, polyfidelitous, triad