I am new to here, looking for friends!

PixieMoon

Hi! PixieMoon here! I am a single mom with 2 kids, an 8 yr old son and a 16 year old daughter. I am in college full-time, about to graduate with my Bachelors, then onto my Masters in Mental Health Counseling. I learned of polyamory for the first time about 10 years ago when I was with my ex. We occasionally would fool around with women however he made it clear from the beginning that men were not an option. Fast forward to 2 years ago, my husband and I had been separated for about 1 year when I had a friend with benefits tell me, "What, do you not realize you are polyamorous?" It hit me all at once he was right. I had not had a completely monogamous relationship in 15 years and I always knew I was capable of loving more than one person at a time! At that point, the closest thing I had experienced to it was an open relationship. I have always believed in complete openness and honesty, even when just involved with FWBs. I realized then that I was open to the idea of looking for others interested in a polyamorous relationship. However, I have very little free time right now. Therefore, I am looking for more along the lines of friendship with like-minded people, with the possibility of more down the road. :eek:

Greetings PixieMoon,
Welcome to our forum. Please feel free to lurk, browse, etc.

I see that you have your plate full, still it is good to have friends, and I'm hopeful that here on Polyamory.com you'll meet quite a few new friends (from around the world). I'm glad you could join us, and look forward to getting to know you better.

Sincerely,
Kevin T., "official greeter" :)

Notes:

There's a *lot* of good info in Golden Nuggets. Have a look!

Please read through the guidelines if you haven't already.

Note: You needn't read every reply to your posts, especially if someone posts in a disagreeable way. Given the size and scope of the site it's hard not to run into the occasional disagreeable person. Please contact the mods if you do (or if you see any spam), and you can block the person if you want.

If you have any questions about the board itself, please private-message a mod and they'll do their best to help.

Welcome aboard!

Welcome, Pixiemoon. Sounds like you embody the spirit of polyamory and have been doing so for 15 years, whilst the majority of the rest of us are struggling to learn it. I hope you find the forum and the community to your liking and that you feel welcome here.

Look forward to hearing more from you.
-Shaya.

Hi Pixiemoon - welcome to the forum! Best of luck on your continuing poly journey. Al

Nice intro Pixiemoon! I hope you have a good time here.

Back