Poly Vignettes: Sharing Success & Happiness

Maca decided to come down on August 31st instead of mid-October. Is it REALLY bad if I'm depressed, gloomy, heartbroken and thrilled all at once? I'm still dealing with the emotions of the situation with GG. But knowing that Maca's flying home with me when I return from my surgery is so damn thrilling, it's not funny.

I was really NOT looking forward to flying up for the surgery and then flying back on my own. Not to mention that I am really wearing thin on being alone with the kiddos.

Maca decided to come down on August 31st, instead of mid-October. Is it REALLY bad if I'm depressed, gloomy, heartbroken and thrilled all at once?

This is great news! You're allowed to experience multiple emotions simultaneously. Hopefully the positive ones will rise to the surface soon. :)

We just had a great evening! The poly meeting had lots of new and interesting people, as well as lots of the regulars. We went for drinks afterwards and I have never felt so comfortable. I am really starting to feel a part of this community. I feel very secure in my beliefs and am learning to look at things much more objectively during our discussions. The result is just feeling natural.

At one point I was lying on the grass in our small group, while Derby and Redpepper were snuggled into each other as we talked to a new couple. I just felt present in the moment, sharing and trying to help. This forum has given me a lot of opportunities and prompting to figure myself out and I am thankful for that. I'm also thankful that Redpepper has supported me and encouraged me along the way. Everyone has taught me a lot about relationships on here and I thank all you too :)

Peace and love,
Mono

Last edited by a moderator:
You are definitely a much-loved and respected part of our community, Mono! Yes, wasn't that a great discussion night? :)

Thanks, Geminigirl ;)

We had a great weekend! Friday Redpepper's son spent the night with me for some "guy time" which gave her and Polynerdist a full night of them time.

Saturday me and my little buddy started making a table for the new guinea pig cage they have. I got to show him a few things about building stuff and using tools and it gave me a chance to work with my hands again.

In the afternooon we all hung out with Polynerdist's uncle, his wife and daughter. We sat in a park and watched 5 weddings over 4 hours and chatted about things. They are incredibly comfortable to be with and trust in what we are bulidlng. Too bad they live so far away. :(

Saturday night, Redpepper and I went to my old neighborhood to visit friends, after a short stop at Derbylicious's house, and then spent the morning drinking coffee in bed and foruming LOL!

Me and my little buddy continued working on our table while Polynerdist and Redpepper did their own thing. It just felt natural to be together, independent and doing our own things.

Later, Polynerdist went to a friend's birthday party and Redpepper and I hung out with her son and then watched a documentary before I left to go back to my place.

It was a great family-filled weekend. :) Next week, poly camp!

Spent the afternoon on Saturday with Nerdist's native uncle, and aunt, and their daughter, from out of town. He is a large mass of good times and has a way of being similar to ours. So relaxing and fun. We sat in a local park and watched 5 weddings! Drank beer and decided which dresses we liked the best. Kids played together and adults conversed. They could see we are all fine and have a good thing going. It made us feel great to have them be at ease, as they will pass it on to the rest of Nerdist's family, who have suddenly decided to be concerned, now that the old Nana has found out and is concerned. She is Uncle's mum. He will put her right.

How many times?

I'm not sure how many times you can tell someone you love them more and more, before it loses its impact on that person. I just had a coffee, chat and walk with Redpepper and she continues to amaze me with her presence, beauty and intellect. She is fascinating and sexy, fun and honest. I love every moment with her and we have reached a place that last year at this time I would have thought beyond our reach. She is the best friend and love I could hope to have, trusted beyond belief and passionate without equal.

I love you, Lilo, more and more. There, I said it again.

The year is filled with anniversaries for me; with the upcoming weekend there is no difference.

I married my dear Nerdist 9 years ago this weekend. We stood in a field in a cast circle with the ocean lapping the beach beyond. My beautiful green and yellow dress, flowers from our and others' gardens in hand, I walked with him, pledging that we love like no others, loved as much as we could of everyone. We began our poly journey that day.

They say that marriages can be determined by the wedding. Well, ours was quite the event. It rained on our camping wedding the entire weekend and the sun only shone the 2 hours of the ceremony. Sparkly rainbows filled the sky. We were all soaked, all 60 guests. We had brought everything to the ocean site by moving truck: chairs, giant tent, tables, decorations. The next day, after a feast and dancing, we realized we had asked no-one for help to bring it back to the city. So for our honeymoon we worked our asses off packing, cleaning, loading, unloading. We have been working hard ever since!

This weekend marks 2 years since Mono left home. Shocked, horrified, defeated, completely at the bottom of a pit, he spent nights in his truck, unsure what was in store for him. He was just down the street from me the whole time, while Nerdist and I spent another wedding anniversary together. It would be another six months before we met and fell in love.

Oh, how I love my men. I can't tell you how good it is to feel as if I finally have the life that works for me. Yes, I know changes will come and I don't know what they will bring, but I thought life was good last year. This year is better. If I keep giving and asking for what I need, all will be provided, wishing no harm to others and in the best interest of all.

Here's to another anniversary. *clink*

My mom has just gone home from a whirlwind visit out this way. On Saturday evening, Redpepper and Mono came over for a while to visit before heading out to a dinner party. My mom really enjoyed their company, which means a lot to me. I learnt a long time ago that if your family likes the people you are involved with, it usually means that you are a good fit. It was a big step for me to have them meet, though (even though my mom isn't aware that Redpepper is my girlfriend). I knew that there would be questions and I just decided to answer them honestly.

She asked me how we met. I told her that we met through a relationship discussion group. Then she wanted to know if Mono was Redpepper's son's father. I answered no, that Redpepper and Mono had just been together a year and a half. If there were any other questions, I would have answered them honestly. My thought is that I don't want to hide and that people see what they want to see, and they will ask the questions when they are ready to know. I don't want to lie to my family when I'm so honest with the other people whom I love in my life.

-Derby

I don't want to lie to my family when I'm so honest with the other people whom I love in my life.

-Derby

That is why I wanted to come out to my family. They were asking the right questions, which meant I had to lie or just be honest. Luckily, your mom didn't ask the right ones!

Nice post, Derby. :)

Great poly camp!

We just got back from camping and it was a great weekend, for the most part. :)

Last night, most of us slept in the field on our mattresses after watching meteors and satellites zip across the sky. The owls did their best to keep us up, but eventually we all drifted off. Pics on my profile.

Things just get more and more comfortable for this mono-wired guy in a community that is as accepting of my natural way of loving as I am of theirs.

Hope everyone had a great weekend, too. :)

Peace and love,
Mono

Last edited:
One year of being poly :)

This past weekend marked one year with my wonderful boyfriend. <3 It's been an incredible year, full of so many experiences and so much happiness. I know that my ability to make it through all my confusion and doubts would have been severely compromised, had it not been for all the lovely people on this forum, supporting me through all my questions and venting.

To many more years. Thank you so much, everyone! :)

Metamour appreciation

Polynerdist and I got to have a good chat over coffee tonight. We have a special bond that goes beyond Redpepper. Our friendship has grown over the last 19 months into a brotherly connection for me. I got to tell him that I worry about him and his relationship with Redpepper sometimes and that I care about him individually. His happiness and health really are a priority of mine. I have a similar type of concern for Derbylicious and Redpepper's other loves, to different degrees.

I'm on a big "Damn, I'm lucky" kick with my metamours right now. Compersion at its finest. :)

Starting out well

I asked my mono BF, Mr. A, last night if he had any other questions about poly. We've been dating just over a month, and we talked about it a lot at the beginning, but not as much since.

His reply? "No. It seems pretty straightforward. Everyone is treated fairly."

To read that doesn't come close to expressing the way it was said. It was definitely a melting moment.

I'm on a big "damn I'm lucky" kick with my metamours right now. Compersion at it's finest :)

I got a giggle out of this! Mono with metamours! I'm guessing you've come a long way! :D

Sitting here waiting for Possibility to arrive is driving me nuts!

Back